ADVERTISEMENT

a historic injustice has been corrected: Bon Jovi into Rock and Roll HOF

JBJ has been in my 'hall of fame' for years:

Bon-Jovi-9.jpg

It took the Cars 13 years to be nominated and 18 years to get in. I really can't understand that.

Reactions: MIKE_G
I see what you did there, but until there is a Rap Hall of Fame, you will just have to deal with it!
And a pop music hall of fame for Madonna, a goofy movie song hall of fame for Randy Newman, a disco hall of fame for the Bee Gees and Donna Summer, and whatever museum you'd put Linda Ronstadt in (hint: it's not rock and roll).

And a pop music hall of fame for Madonna, a goofy movie song hall of fame for Randy Newman, a disco hall of fame for the Bee Gees and Donna Summer, and whatever museum you'd put Linda Ronstadt in (hint: it's not rock and roll).
It's why I never get my panties in a wad over who doesn't get in. It ceased being about rock long ago, thus losing its legitimacy.

Its a cool place to visit no matter who's in.

I tried to go to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame once, but they closed at 5:30 pm. Somehow, KISS made it in despite their singing about Rock and Roll all nite. As for Judas Priest, no way will the Hall put up with Rockin after Midnight after the KISS fiasco. It's cool to rock and party as long as you wrap it up by 5:30 pm.

Maybe if Nikki Sixx will stop telling the Hall to suck his ass, maybe Motley Crue will get nominated. They didn't dominate the 80's, they owned the 80's..... except of course, Judah Priest. I never was a big fan a JP, but around 87 or so, Cinderella opens for them and a bunch of the guys wanted to go, so I went along for the party. JP, up to that point put on the best live show that I had seen, and top 3 or 4 ever, and I've seen dozens and dozens of rock\metal shows. I think it might have been the Turbo Lover tour.

Reactions: itsjustme0770
It was the Ram It Down tour because I saw it too! Yeah the reality is that the critics that vote don't for the most part like hard rock and metal. That is why it is always a struggle to get those bands in.

Amen, and I'm kicking myself in the butt for never having seen them live. Had many, many opportunities but either work or family got in the way. The ship sailed....

I’ve seen them a couple of times. Loved those shows.

I had tickets to one I missed. My parents wouldnt let me go. Primus was opening for Rush. That one stings.

Rush taking forever to get in was a cluster mess. Happy for the OP that Bon Jovi got in.
Thanks - Bon Jovi’s been important to me since the late 80s, really ever since spending four fantastic minutes with Aimee Liguori in 8th grade at St Philip’s heavily-chaperoned graduation dance.

When I told her “I’ll be there for you” I meant it. At least until my mom picked me up fifteen minutes later.

Reactions: Banditking
Thanks - Bon Jovi’s been important to me since the late 80s, really ever since spending four fantastic minutes with Aimee Liguori in 8th grade at St Philip’s heavily-chaperoned graduation dance.

When I told her “I’ll be there for you” I meant it. At least until my mom picked me up fifteen minutes later.
How coincidental...I had a tryst with an Aimee in 8th grade as well. (Don't fret...Different last name.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT