ADVERTISEMENT

Advice Needed: Suit ruined at wedding

That's just normal wear and tear.

Take the L and move on.

Unless the wedding was outdoors and at like 1 pm, he probably took your attire as an affront.

Reactions: NolegirlY2K
No don't ask him to pay for it....tacky.

If it does come back with a stain (may not work since you sent for dry cleaning) cover the stain with baking soda, blot with white vinegar, wash and repeat.

Reactions: bigmamanole
No don't ask him to pay for it....tacky.

If it does come back with a stain (may not work since you sent for dry cleaning) cover the stain with baking soda, blot with white vinegar, wash and repeat.

As usual the female perspective is correct, which is why bigmamanole and I are endorsing this.

OH and why would you assume that the groom should pay for your suit to be cleaned? Are you freaking serious, son?

As usual the female perspective is correct, which is why bigmamanole and I are endorsing this.

OH and why would you assume that the groom should pay for your suit to be cleaned? Are you freaking serious, son?
AND Before you just "wash" something with a stain make sure to ask a woman how to get it out....worst thing you can do isn't pretreat before you wash it and ESPECIALLY dry it!!

AND Before you just "wash" something with a stain make sure to ask a woman how to get it out....worst thing you can do isn't pretreat before you wash it and ESPECIALLY dry it!!
This kind of perpetuates the female stereotypes and traditional gender roles, doesn't it? You're assuming that a man doesn't know how to get a stain out, and that it should be left to a woman - who would inherently be more knowledgeable about such things? We're supposed to be better than this!

This kind of perpetuates the female stereotypes and traditional gender roles, doesn't it? You're assuming that a man doesn't know how to get a stain out, and that it should be left to a woman - who would inherently be more knowledgeable about such things? We're supposed to be better than this!

No need to be PC. Barring exceptions, she is correct. I would ask my mom before I asked my dad. I would also ask my mother in law before my father in law. But my wife would be the exception. She would have no clue and say just throw it out. Buy a new one. But in this age of internet, it may be best to google the solution.

I'm not trying to perpetuate female stereotypes, because I believe that there are SOME men that know how to get stains out. However, based on the OP's description of what he did to his suit it is obvious he does not. I will be honest in saying that I don't know how to get all stains out, but I know where to find the information. So maybe I should say something about critical thinking instead? Aren't men supposed to have better common sense/Critical thinking than women? So if you think about it that way, I am going against gender stereotypes........

20140708-seinfeld26-x306-1404862859.jpg

Because stereotyping females on this board has been so over for at least ten years.
Thank God. No more Friday Rank 'Em.
No more Wood/Not.

:p

Just mail the groom the stained suit and tell him its a late wedding gift.
Then he can spend his time wondering how he should tell you that you gave him a gift that was stained.(and probably the wrong size)

Last edited:
Send him a bill for the dry cleaning along with a check for the food and drink you consumed while there. I'm sure he will be happy to make the trade, I mean whats fair is fair, right?? . And be sure to put a note saying you never liked him anyway, just to make sure he cashes the check.

Good luck, fill free to BCC me on the email as well, should be good. user name at yahoo.

Because stereotyping females on this board has been so over for at least ten years.
Thank God. No more Friday Rank 'Em.
No more Wood/Not.

:p
You've always had the ability to also post rank 'em and wood/not threads. Honestly, I wish that you would, just to see some people freak out and overreact. Just do me a favor though - accidentally post one of them in the TC so I can see all the comments before it's dumped over here. Please?

Reactions: goldmom
and Jcrew Suit for those that were wondering.
I've got a tan Hugo Boss suit I will send you for two basic reasons.
1- I will never be caught again in a tan suit.
2- no one over the age of 20 should ever be forced to wear a jcrew suit.

If you're anywhere near 6' 200#, post your address and it's yours

You wore a suit and someone accidentally spilled wine on it. It was an accident he doesn't owe you anything especially not from his wedding. This is one of the hazards of life. Accidents happen clothes get ruined. This is not his problem.

I've got a tan Hugo Boss suit I will send you for two basic reasons.
1- I will never be caught again in a tan suit.
2- no one over the age of 20 should ever be forced to wear a jcrew suit.

If you're anywhere near 6' 200#, post your address and it's yours

I don't own one, but what's wrong with a J. Crew suit? Only reason I ask is that's where I buy nearly all of my casual clothes. I was never opposed to considering one before reading this thread. Are their suits of a lower quality than their casual clothes?

Garanimals can hit another target audience. Now, can the zebra match with the giraffe or was it the leopard?

I don't own one, but what's wrong with a J. Crew suit? Only reason I ask is that's where I buy nearly all of my casual clothes. I was never opposed to considering one before reading this thread. Are their suits of a lower quality than their casual clothes?
A suit is something you should invest in. If you're a college freshman going to your first formal, jcrew is just fine I guess. But no one with a job should settle for a jcrew suit.

Reactions: TexSkills
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT