ADVERTISEMENT

Any suggestions for a quality mini PC?

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
I'm wanting a nice looking mini PC with at least 2.2 ghz and 4 ram plus 500 or more gb of storage. I'm planning on making it into a nice emulator station so I can get rid of my Retron 5, 3DO and a couple of other older things I've still got attached to my main entertainment Center like N64, NeoGeo and Dreamcast.

I did see an Alienware Alpha for $400 but I'd be concerned it can't be easily modded since it's got some proprietary OS on it.

At the end of the day I want something that can be modded to handle 3do, PlayStation 1, Dreamcast and XBox with storage for all of the roms I own which are quite a bit as I was a bit of a gamer back in the dark ages of the 90s and early 00s.

The Alpha comes with windows 10 and the alienware OS rides on top... it can be disabled....

Also ive seen the i3s go for as low as 300 with rebate on slickdeals.net

the nice thing about this box over an intel nuc is it has a nvidia video card as opposed to the nuc using the video on chip

The Alpha comes with windows 10 and the alienware OS rides on top... it can be disabled....

Also ive seen the i3s go for as low as 300 with rebate on slickdeals.net

the nice thing about this box over an intel nuc is it has a nvidia video card as opposed to the nuc using the video on chip

That's good to know about the Alienware OS. I was concerned I'd either have to scrap everything and go with Lakka and I'd rather keep it as a Windows machine with Retroarch and some other emus on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT