ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have a “Teledoc” session?

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
In order to get a prescription refilled I have to have a teledoc meetup- can’t just phone it in to the pharmacy.
I’m hearing that this could be a thing that continues after this social distancing goes away.
I’ve heard that a lot of therapists are doing phone sessions for people who are in therapy or need therapy as a result of isolation, job loss, fear, etc.
Anyone meet up with their doc/shrink over the phone?

In order to get a prescription refilled I have to have a teledoc meetup- can’t just phone it in to the pharmacy.
I’m hearing that this could be a thing that continues after this social distancing goes away.
I’ve heard that a lot of therapists are doing phone sessions for people who are in therapy or need therapy as a result of isolation, job loss, fear, etc.
Our local Medical Society sent out a letter to the members offering up to 3 “free” Psychology telehealth visits to help deal with the challenges of the Covid 19 outbreak.

I have done about 10 Telemedicine visits so far with my patients where we can both hear and see each other...the problem with the field I am in is the resolution of the cameras (usually their laptop or sometimes a smart phone) aren’t really clear enough to see in great detail. I think its great especially for a quick f/u and to go over a report with them etc.

I had one last week with my doc. They sent me a link & I logged in at the appropriate time. Glad theyve gone to this.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
I know several people that have. Its tough on the therapists too because of dwindling caseloads in where many people don't want to start counseling over the phone and, now, the insurance claims themselves are not being paid. The Seattle area is doing better now. This is Frasier Crane, and I'm listening..... :eek:

The session was just a phone call since it didn't involve a complaint of illness. It went well, the Doc spent 20 minutes just chatting with me to discuss general health or concerns.
It was actually funny since she's working from home and her 5 year old came into her office twice to show her the drawings she was "working on".

The session was just a phone call since it didn't involve a complaint of illness. It went well, the Doc spent 20 minutes just chatting with me to discuss general health or concerns.
It was actually funny since she's working from home and her 5 year old came into her office twice to show her the drawings she was "working on".
General health issues are good. I just have a problem with the specific ones.

I did it a couple months ago. Son had the flu so they prescribed me preventative tamiflu.

As a physical therapist I have been using zoom for my telehealth sessions. My sister is a physician and her EMR system has a telemedicine feature which has allowed her to see patients for 'visits.'

Been using them for a few years. It’s great for sinus infections. Get my script and don’t spend time around sick folks. Loved it so much I bought a little position in Teledoc. I’ve been very pleased.

UF Health has Zoom incorporated into their EPIC MyChart app.

Had a PCP "visit" about two weeks ago. Pretty easy actually.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT