ADVERTISEMENT

Are you taking any trips in 2023?

The monkey is native to just two of the Mentawai Islands. The owner of the camp found her abandoned on the beach as an infant.

He turned her over to an agency to try to reintroduce her to her population but she was abandoned again and would not eat. He took her in for good.

She was like a petulant adolescent teenager. MMH wrestling with the Chihuahua. And they did let her loose at times but she would crawl into guest cabins and tear them apart throwing things around. Wanted to be the dominant female.

She was very sweet actually. Just had to watch out for her. Pound for pound they are probably 6 times stronger than a human being.

Another not funny but interesting story. One of the ladies Jessica in her mid-30s originally from California and lives in Dubai. Waves were small, but she had her leash wrapped up around her hand and dislocated her finger.

The surf guides had some experience but they were researching YouTube on how to reset a finger. In Padang she went to a medical clinic to diagnose the injury and try to get some travel insurance. They took an x-ray and told her it was broken and wanted to do surgery right then. Smartly she neglected and went back to Dubai where they confirmed the break but said no surgery was needed
CSB. For real!!

Reactions: BrianNole777
I was in France in February. No tourists at all. Chinese were still locked up in their country from COVID restrictions, fortunately. Spent time in Paris, Normandy area (Bayeux) and the WWII beaches (very cool). Then went to Versailles and the Alsace region on the east coast. Great trip and the locals very cool outside Paris. I'll then be going to Belgium in September (Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp, Leuvin) and Luxembourg City. Looking forward to that as well.

I was in France in February. No tourists at all. Chinese were still locked up in their country from COVID restrictions, fortunately. Spent time in Paris, Normandy area (Bayeux) and the WWII beaches (very cool). Then went to Versailles and the Alsace region on the east coast. Great trip and the locals very cool outside Paris. I'll then be going to Belgium in September (Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp, Leuvin) and Luxembourg City. Looking forward to that as well.
We were in Alaska for two weeks in 2021 when the cruise ships weren't sailing. It was so nice to not be caught up in all the touristy stuff.

Just got back from Philadelphia. Enjoyed Citizens Bank Park and the weather. A good reminder of why I’ll retire somewhere other than Florida. Work trips to St. Pete, Charleston and Indianapolis coming up later in the summer. Hoping to add Colorado to that list.

Just got back from Philadelphia. Enjoyed Citizens Bank Park and the weather. A good reminder of why I’ll retire somewhere other than Florida. Work trips to St. Pete, Charleston and Indianapolis coming up later in the summer. Hoping to add Colorado to that list.

I'm 45 north of Philly right now at a steakhouse.

It's "BrianNole Appreciation Night!"

Reactions: runkpanole
Ever been to Carlsbad?
Ivebeenbad is a great scenic and memorable journey and destination. I just couldn't Stop Believin' what I was seeing. Is that the area where Dennis Weaver (aka McCloud) had a "Duel" with a psychotic trucker? A Steven Spilbergh flic even before JAWS......Now, that goes way back even before Randy's Campus Theatre. Thank you. :)
Pee Wee

Belgium is great, try to hit Bruges while there it is worth the trip. Luxembourg City is nice too its kind of two cities with the old one one the hill and the newer (and more lived in) city below. Right outside the old city in Clausen there's a place called Chez Bacano. Its worth the walk or cab ride if the hills are too much. If you like WWII history Bastogne is just over the border into Belgium.

Travel Tip:

I read how stopping at a hotel restroom is a much better option than a dirty gas station during road trips. If you get questioned walking in, ask the staff if you can buy a bottle of water or snack. Now you're a customer! :)

I tried this out today! I stopped at chain hotel near Baltimore. There was no one in the lobby except a clerk with a desk by the entrance. She asked if she could help me with anything. I asked if I could buy a bottle of water and did. $2.50.

Then, I used the restroom and left. It was much better than the dreaded gas station restroom!

It works!

Islamorada first week in august

Offshore about 20 miles fishing till it gets too hot, then come inshore and go bug hunting!

Michigan to help son with construction, he’s in the coast guard!

Alaska trip was planned 40 years ago, but got married, had kids and that was that

Just booked a land tour/river cruise for 2025. Paris to Switzerland. We plan to take a day trip to Normandy. Take a pic at the Eifel Tower and then flip off the French.

Get to see Zurich, Zermatt and

Genova. It's a multiple bucket list trip for me. We leave in 842 days! LOL

Dang! You can book trips 2 plus years out?

I truly did not know that!

What I do know is fan2u is still globe trotting as she was back in the LR days!

You go girl!

Dang! You can book trips 2 plus years out?

I truly did not know that!

What I do know is fan2u is still globe trotting as she was back in the LR days!

You go girl!
Yes you can...and they want full payment February of 2024. I told them not unless I get at least a 5% discount for the interest I would be losing. I am calling the guy back February 1, 2024 to have him change the last payment date to 2025. They are crazy if they think this thrifty gal is giving them that much money 18 months ahead of time!

I don't ever want to stop traveling. I have the Europe bug right now.

Business class.

None!

I cannot stand flying where I’m breathing other people’s discharge, cramped spaces, on and on I could go

I hate it!

Last time I flew I had Samu next to me and literally his fat was hanging over the armrests like a lava flow!

It couldn’t be some hot chick with nice jugs spilling out onto itch, nope

The smell was atrocious too!

Please extremely overweight, smelly people on the boards do not be offended

I was more upset with the airlines!

Btw I had some car air fresheners in my man bag so when he fell asleep I tied them to him

Like 6 cause that’s all I had

Ok, I didn’t cause I don’t have a man bag beotches!

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT