ADVERTISEMENT

Arnold Palmer dead at age 87

NoleLizards

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2004
R.I.P., King.

Can't say I'm shocked. We've all seen how frail he's appeared in public appearances recently. Arnie is a huge reason we all love the game whether we play, view, or both as he was largely responsible for popularizing golf among the masses during the burgeoning TV age back in the 1950's and early 60's. A difficult year continues as yet another giant pop culture icon passes.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/09/25/report-arnold-palmer-dies-in-pittsburgh-at-87/

Sad, sad day. The King was not only one of the greatest golfers of all time, but one hell of a human being. He always would take the time to talk to anyone. I remember having the chance to meet him at Bay Hill one time. Nicest guy you will ever meet. Everyone was equal in his eyes. He would talk to you just like he would talk to his best friend.

Arnold and Nicholas are/were the rwo biggest icons of not only golf but american culture in general.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
R.I.P., King.

We've all seen how frail he's appeared in public appearances recently.

He looked extremely frail at The Masters last April. Good that he was at least able to be on the tee box for the ceremonial tee off one last time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT