ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coach Depth Chart

Noles5555

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2013
Tallahassee
There is a lot of talk about bringing on all of these assistants, however I don’t think the coach limits are registering with many people.

According to NCAA regulations, each school is only authorized 10 on-field coaches, 5 S&C coaches, and 4 grad. Assistants.

Our Current On Field Coaches are below with one vacancy and 2 requirements.

Offensive Coordinator: Vacant
Quarterbacks: Vacant
Wide Receivers: David Kelly
Running Backs: Donte Pimpleton
Offensive Linemen: Greg Frey
Tight Ends: Telly Lockette

Defensive Coordinator: Harlon Barnett
Defensive Backs: Harlon Barnett
Defensive Tackles: Odell Haggins
Defensive Ends: Mark Snyder
Linebackers: Raymond Woodie

Special Teams: Alonzo Hampton

Now, say we bring in the following...

Briles for Offensive Coordinator
Clements for Offensive Line
Lebby for Quarterbacks

We will need to lose 2 current coaches. Why will that be?

Obviously, Frey, although it has been suggested that he stays on as a co-Offensive lineman coach (I don’t see that happening, he gone)

Now we have to find another loss. Everyone has been talking David Kelly and Alonzo Hampton as off-field assistants, which would free up those positions, however Ira’s article the other proved that to be more difficult than originally perceived.

(Maybe that is what is holding up the process of this hire, as FSU awaits the NCAA’s decision on those moves to support staff to see if Lebby can come on)

If that were to happen, David Kelly and Hampton are on the support staff, which frees up the QB coach position, however we are still short a Special Teams Coach and a Wide Receivers Coach. That is before we even mention freeing up Barnett to find someone for Defensive Backs.

I typed all of this to show that getting these coaches lined up is not as easy as it is perceived and bringing in Dugans, T-Buck, Lebby, etc, cannot all happen to stay under the numbers.

If I had a choice I would do the following (assuming the NCAA allows it)

Offensive Coordinator: Briles
Quarterbacks: Lebby
Wide Receivers: Lockette
Tight Ends: Lockette
Offensive Linemen: Clement

Defensive Coordinator: Barnett
Defensive Backs: T-Buck (if he wants to come)

Special Teams: Committee/Lebby (having one assistant for 2 players doesn’t make sense in my eyes)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News