ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Braves thread

I guess blowing big games has kinda become a thing in Georgia. First, the Falcons blow a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl. Then, the Bulldogs blow a 13-0 halftime lead against Bama in the Natty, then do it again a year later in the SEC Championship game. Now the Braves, having game 5 at home, put up one of the most GUTLESS performances I have ever seen in the MLB Playoffs.

Has this removal of the tomahawk chop been discussed on here? If so, can someone link me so I can join it?

No tomahawks on seats, no tomahawk on jerseys next year

I’m actually glad. Just one less way that baseball team copies FSU.

Waste of a year. And it’s going to be a tough road in the division next year. Curious to see if they address the rotation (love to take a run at Gerritt Cole) and probably need to find another option at catcher now that McCann officially retired...Little Contreras isn’t ready yet. Hope Dansby can build off his offensive production from this year, you can see improvement. Riley needs to learn to hit breaking balls and until that happens you gotta pay Donaldson. I’m not sure what our options are in right field but Markakis isn’t a long term answer, need to address that as well. Should be primed to make another run next year if the brass can make some moves and not be penny pinchers. Winning makes the club money.

To add insult to injury, the Nats came back to beat L.A. and advance.

Rather lose like the Braves did than the Dodgers. Don't follow baseball much any more, but I've never seen a curveball with that much speed on it (90) and that much stank, and I've never seen someone strike out the side with, like, 12 of them in a row, then not be within 3 feet of the plate with it 10 minutes later. I'm an old Senators fan, so I guess I'll take the Expos now.

Will they pull the trigger and trade Folty or Julio, maybe both?
Why have your best pitcher, Soroka, get one start and Keuchel and Folty get two?

They need more consistency from their starting rotation. Julio and Folty are not those guys. Makes me wonder how TBAY can stockpile a plethora of pitchers and the Braves cannot. Not impressed with Greene, Jackson, or Keuchel for that matter.

A deciding game with an historic 10 run first inning. I watched the rest of the game just to see if they might make it less embarrassing.... they did not. Again the 3-5 hitters were a great disappointment... and FF two hits were meaningless stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: WRWnole85
Proud of Freddie saying to blame him. Sad to see McCann go but expected it. Disappointed in Snit for not sticking up for Acuna after he was plunked by Flaherty in the 5th, especially when Flaherty led off the 6th.Cardinals' manager's post game speech was uncalled for and I'll root against them.

For next year, lots of questions. As some have mentioned, I'll touch on those.

Markakis has an option for next year, he either gets $6 million or Braves pay him $2 million to leave. That likely gets picked up.
Donaldson will likely get an offer of 2 years with a 3rd year option because Riley clearly isn't ready.
Folty still has two more arbitration years, so, we'll see what the team does there.
Julio has a one year option, either $12 million to stay or pay $1 million to go.
O'Day is off the books and was making $9 million.
Swarzak is off the books and was making $8 million.
Hamilton has a $1 million buyout or I think pay him $5 million.
Flowers is $6 million to play or $2 million buyout
Joyce, Tomlin, Herchavarria, Cervelli, Keuchel, Blevins, and Martin are all gone.

That's a ton of question marks and a good bit of money that is open. I doubt this team goes after Cole but that would be a dream situation. Another question, what do with Inciarte? This will be a very interesting offseason and will go a long way in determining how much of a contender the Braves can be with this core.

Why have your best pitcher, Soroka, get one start and Keuchel and Folty get two?

They need more consistency from their starting rotation. Julio and Folty are not those guys. Makes me wonder how TBAY can stockpile a plethora of pitchers and the Braves cannot. Not impressed with Greene, Jackson, or Keuchel for that matter.

A deciding game with an historic 10 run first inning. I watched the rest of the game just to see if they might make it less embarrassing.... they did not. Again the 3-5 hitters were a great disappointment... and FF two hits were meaningless stats.

Folty's 30 day era was 1.8 and 4th in mlb during that time period. As we all know the problem is with Folty is his inconsistency. He has a very high ceiling and unfortunately a very low floor. Maybe Sniker thought if Folty looks bad he can put in Fried in before the game gets away which they tried and Fried was wild this series too. Dallas on the other hand had not looked good in what 4 or 5 games and I'm not sure what the thinking was with him other than he has a lot more post season experience.

Proud of Freddie saying to blame him. Sad to see McCann go but expected it. Disappointed in Snit for not sticking up for Acuna after he was plunked by Flaherty in the 5th, especially when Flaherty led off the 6th.Cardinals' manager's post game speech was uncalled for and I'll root against them.

I don't like the Nats either, so I'm hoping that anyone besides the Yankees wins the AL. Otherwise, I'll have no reason to watch the World Series.

My two favorite baseball teams the Noles can’t win in June and the Braves can’t win in October. Someday they will.

Has this been confirmed?

The story on Bleacher Report (and came from a reporter in St. Louis) is, Cardinals player Ryan Helsley made a comment saying he thinks it misrepresents the Cherokee people and Native Americans in general. And he is a member of the Cherokee Nation. So, the Braves released a statement that they, "appreciate and take seriously" his concerns. And they removed all of the tomahawks.

They said the Braves planned to make other in game changes during the game yesterday regarding the Chop but I did not see anything different other than the tomahawks.

In regards to the tomahawks off of the jerseys? I have not seen or heard this. Only that a few years ago it was decided they were no longer going to put a face on any uniform or hat like the Cleveland Indians.

As a Nats fan, that couldn’t have happened to a better organization. I wonder if the Braves and Chipper Jones are still complaining about the length of home run trots while Acuña walks around the bases...

As a Nats fan, that couldn’t have happened to a better organization. I wonder if the Braves and Chipper Jones are still complaining about the length of home run trots while Acuña walks around the bases...
Congratulations on your first ever post season series win.

I like the Nationals .... enjoy watching Turner, Rendon and Soto.

Reactions: SoddyNole
As a Yankees fan, all I need is a Rays win tonight and things are shaping up mighty nicely. Proceed with the hate.

Congratulations on your first ever post season series win.

Thanks. Postseason baseball is definitely a different animal, but didn’t see us getting by the dodgers. Always need a little luck to win a championship, so hopefully the luck continues.

I like the Nationals .... enjoy watching Turner, Rendon and Soto.

Rendon is so consistent. I hope we can keep him around. Soto has been an absolute joy to watch too, and made a lot of Nats fans forget about that Harper guy.

As a Noles and Rays fan, be careful what you wish for!

Really pulling for the Rays as well. Have to admire what they do as an organization with that payroll. And having a Nole at the helm gives it some added juice.

Reactions: -OB1-
Chip Caray is calling the FSU vs Chattanooga basketball game. I did not realized he was involved in that sport.

Reactions: NoleLizards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT