ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn's Tre Mason Arrested, Tased in Florida

buckeyenole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2002
Driving more than 70MPH in a 35MPH zone, car smelled of marijuana, refused to exit his vehicle.

Carrying on the Auburn and SEC tradition.

Reactions: Garnet Hammer
1044566_10101746081196834_262188646_n.jpg

Driving more than 70MPH in a 35MPH zone, car smelled of marijuana, refused to exit his vehicle.

Carrying on the Auburn and SEC tradition.
What's the exact law on getting out of the vehicle? Just asking because in this day and age, it's tough to tell.

When are you within your rights to say "thanks but no thanks, I'll calmly stay right here, buckled up"?

This literally happened about 5 buildings down from my condo. The police shot passed me as I was coming home that day. I saw them down there but, of course, had no idea that was Tre "Heisman Pose" Mason down there getting the business.

What's the exact law on getting out of the vehicle? Just asking because in this day and age, it's tough to tell.

When are you within your rights to say "thanks but no thanks, I'll calmly stay right here, buckled up"?
I think it might depend on whether you had just clearly violated the law or not. Which he did.

Or if the cop has probable cause to run a field sobriety test, like if your car is swerving, or he sees an open container, or your car reeks of weed - which it apparently did.

On the other hand, if you get stopped for DWB, then I see no legitimate reason to get out of your car. I would respectfully decline. If the cop persists, I would keep saying, "Am I being arrested?" "Do you have probable cause?" "Then am I free to go?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT