ADVERTISEMENT

Auden Tate

bc_nolefan

Seminole Insider
Dec 11, 2003
For those who have watched both extensively, instead of on youtube or hudl, what are your thoughts about this young man when compared to the rest of the class?

What I see is a kid who looks almost as impossible to defend, with a little coaching, as Benjamin. George Campbell is uncoverable. I get that. I think we see with certain elite receivers, they really can only be defended by a good pass rush and double teaming. Amari Cooper comes to mind in recent years. Really, just look at Rashad Greene. If you have a kid with some quicks and they run crisp routes, you aren't covering them. Period. So, I get the Campbell thing. He will be a weapon and a play maker for years at FSU. The same goes with Rudolph, Harrison, Murray, Phillips. They will all bring the ability to go deep and make plays.

But Tate is very intriguing to me. The kid is HUGE and could still grow. Can he be a KB type of weapon? Does he have hops? How are his hands? Is he a kind of kid that can really high point the ball and use all of that height?

This one is huge to me because aside from Phillips or Lane, I havent seen anyone on this roster with any type of size to give us what we need in the red zone.

I have seen all of the films online. I have formed my own opinion that this kid could be an incredible weapon with some experience and coaching. I am looking for a more in depth type of thing if you know it, like how is his blocking...does he take plays off....any concern about character or work ethic? Heck, I am a football junkie, so whatever. Based on film and size alone, I think this is one kid who we really needed to sign. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News