ADVERTISEMENT

Australia for 2 weeks in Nov

RangerNole

Seminole Insider
Apr 13, 2003
Well looks like I am going to Australia from 8-26 Nov. Usually when travel overseas I don't do much but work since it is long days and only 7-10 days. This trip should be different since I am hearing there will be some decent down time. Unsure of location but it will be close to a major city. Other than making sure I see a couple of high end rugby matches, working out and seeing some of the dumps down under not sure what to do? Commence LR advice.

Reactions: squiffynole
Is your wife going along?
40/60 No. We are talking about having my daughter and wife join me the last week, first week or some time for a week; but not sure of the logistics. There is also the issue of Thanksgiving and that is one of the 2-4 times a year my son is home from college for a week. If I had to guess I would say they don't come; but they both want to go and you know women, when they want something they will figure out how to make it happen.

Well looks like I am going to Australia from 8-26 Nov. Usually when travel overseas I don't do much but work since it is long days and only 7-10 days. This trip should be different since I am hearing there will be some decent down time. Unsure of location but it will be close to a major city. Other than making sure I see a couple of high end rugby matches, working out and seeing some of the dumps down under not sure what to do? Commence LR advice.

Bondi Beach !

I spent two weeks in Melbourne, Aus. During the weekend we did a bus tour that went along the gold coast that was good. Saw Bell's Beach from Point Break, some cool looking birds and a koala. We also saw a playoff Australian Rules footbal game that war a lot of fun - the stadium held about 85k and was packed. Melbourne was a great city. Biggest downside was how expensive everything was. 20oz bottle of coke was $4. Burger and fries was about $20.

I spent two weeks in Melbourne, Aus. During the weekend we did a bus tour that went along the gold coast that was good. Saw Bell's Beach from Point Break, some cool looking birds and a koala. We also saw a playoff Australian Rules footbal game that war a lot of fun - the stadium held about 85k and was packed. Melbourne was a great city. Biggest downside was how expensive everything was. 20oz bottle of coke was $4. Burger and fries was about $20.

Absolutely. Sydney was the most expensive city I've been in, easily double the cost of stuff in Paris, NYC, London etc... And Melbourne isn't much of a discount, maybe 90% of the cost of Sydney. It's absolutely worth it though.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I loved Australia, but it is insanely expensive. Mostly due to their tax rates.
Maybe the taxes are high, but realistically, they are far, far away from many resources and most production of goods. Think if almost all goods you purchased had to travel 5,000 miles (from China) or 10,000 miles (from Ohio) how much that might add to the product cost? When we, where I work, send objects won at auction to the Aussies it is crazy expensive. The US Post Office will not even carry a box as large as 16 x 16 x 16 inches at any price. You can send liquor or food in a small box. A vacuum cleaner or a set of chairs a’int going that way....

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Drink a VB Mate! And have a hamburger with Beachroot and an egg on it.

Great beaches, great Asian and seafood markets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT