ADVERTISEMENT

Bashing players is unacceptable , please stop... And lessons from an Argentine soccer fan

caseminole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
My In-laws are visiting and I had an interesting conversation with a big Boca Juniors fan (Buenos Aires)

I commented on how i HATE when FSU "fans" bash players for bad plays.

The vitriol I saw on here yesterday towards Aguayo and Blackman (and others) made me sick to my stomach. A bunch of whiny entitled spoiled fans we have that seem to have long forgotten what it means to be a college football fan

My Boca inlaw described how fans of River Plate (their rivals) bash players when they lose or make bad plays

He said Boca fans NEVER do this, they are the fans of the HEART and SOUL of the team, not just wins and losses.

When they lose or a player scores against them, ,they cheer regardless. Its OK, they say, keep playing we support you, win or lose, good or bad.

I actually witnessed this last year at a Boca Juniors match.

I told him about NFL and how , since they are professionals, the rules are different for them. Or should be anyways, and I told him that fans bashing players were typically reserved for Miami Hurricane fans, and to a lesser extent gator fans of late

Please, stop bashing the players. THey are kids with nothing but love and pride for FSU. Do you guys think they make bad plays on purpose? Do you not know that some of them might read these boards or twitter or facebook posts?

Gimme a break.

Bash players if you like, but please switch teams to do it. You are not the kind of Seminole fans that i used to know.

Please and love and Happy 2020

rant over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News