ADVERTISEMENT

Be Careful And Cherish Life My Nole Brothers & Sisters

Fear the Spear

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Guys I come to you all with a heavy heart today. Since the start of football season parts of Warchant have been like a war zone divided into camps about different coaches and its been upsetting and heated.

Today was just another reminder for me how precious life is what's really important and to let ___t go when the sun sets.

A great friend of mine and a guy I've worked with for 9 years was killed last night tragically while deer hunting. Hunting season opened October 1st in that part of SC. He went hunting Tuesday morning. I texted him a few times while he was out that morning I got no reply. Didn't think much of it. His family didn't hear from him all day. They started a search last evening and they found his body heading back to his pick up with a gun shot wound through the stomach.

I've been tore up about it all day, can't believe my friend left us like that. The only good news of this is Mike believed in God and the guy I knew he took his last breath believing in the lord. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Cherish your time with your family while you can.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss, Fear :(

And he is absolutely right - it is always a good thing to stop for a minute or two and think about the things you might be taking for granted, especially friends and family. It took a bit of time, but my friends have gotten used to "surprise" messages of affirmation from me.

Sad to hear. Sorry for your pain,truly. Your advice is true...cherish every day even if they suck. It's the only one one we have. Tomorrow is just a promise.

Reactions: Fear the Spear
Sorry about that, that’s awful.

Do they think another hunter accidentally shot him?

Rocky they have no idea, its pretty hard to shoot yourself in the stomach with a deer rifle unless he was climbing up or down his stand with it loaded. Me knowing Mike the way I did I don't think he'd do that. The corner and sheriff's office is investigating what happened. His funeral is Saturday. Thank you all for the well wishes.

thoughts and prayers for both @Fear the Spear and @TexSkills Man you don't know when it will happen. As for the skin cancer, it's a wonder more people I grew up with didn't wind up with it. We were outside all the dang time and rarely gave a thought to sunscreen.

No kidding. LIVED at the beach growing up.
Tex's Brother in Law is a Naval Academy grad and retired Naval Commander. A terrific guy who will be leaving a wife and three young boys behind. He fought melanoma for six years but his time is at hand. Sad for our entire extended family. :oops:

Reactions: billanole
Rocky they have no idea, its pretty hard to shoot yourself in the stomach with a deer rifle unless he was climbing up or down his stand with it loaded. Me knowing Mike the way I did I don't think he'd do that. The corner and sheriff's office is investigating what happened. His funeral is Saturday. Thank you all for the well wishes.

Such a tragic thing and hard for a family - sudden passings leave families in shock. My sincerest condolences.

Such a tragic thing and hard for a family - sudden passings leave families in shock. My sincerest condolences.
I certainly agree. Sudden unexpected death can really do a number on your heart, mind and spirit. Don't be afraid of getting professional help. Right now, everyone close will be just stunned and devastated, and the road to recovery will be very difficult. But you can and will slowly overcome the intense pain and confusion. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Life is short and I've been reminded of it a lot this week.

My wife's brother is dying from Stage 4 Melanoma. He's supposed to turn 50 on Sunday but we aren't sure he'll make it. It sucks. He is a good guy.
I lost a very close friend at the same age of the same thing. Nicest guy on the face of the planet.
He left a wife and two boys ages 7 and 5. Slowly and much because of their faith, they were eventually able to move on. You are going to have to allow God to love you during these dark confusing times. His heart aches with yours.

thoughts and prayers for both @Fear the Spear and @TexSkills Man you don't know when it will happen. As for the skin cancer, it's a wonder more people I grew up with didn't wind up with it. We were outside all the dang time and rarely gave a thought to sunscreen.

My brother in law passed away at 3:30 this afternoon. We trekked up to Norfolk today from St Augustine. My wife is beating herself up that she wasn't here when he died.

Melanoma is nasty and aggressive. My wife is an oncology social worker and said melanoma is one of the worst you can get.

He was a great guy. I got along great with him and we would put back a lot of booze together when we saw each other. He was a retired E-2 pilot and a fun guy to be around. He left 3 boys behind who are 15, 13 and 10

Hang in there man, your wife and others will need you.
That is a tough deal. Sorry to hear about the loss.

No kidding. LIVED at the beach growing up.
Tex's Brother in Law is a Naval Academy grad and retired Naval Commander. A terrific guy who will be leaving a wife and three young boys behind. He fought melanoma for six years but his time is at hand. Sad for our entire extended family. :oops:

That. Sucks.

Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: goldmom

So sad for all everyone involved. Sorry for your loss, Tex and Goldie

Lost 10 relatives in 3 years all but 2 where out of nowhere and that is just relatives; not counting friends. Life is crazy and will give you a throat punch at anytime.

On July 7th, I lost one of my best friends to a house fire. Looked like he was cooking and might have had a grease fire.Another good friend found him when going over to watch a movie. I still find myself thinking of calling him to go eat lunch, then it's like "whoops, can't do that"! :(:(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT