ADVERTISEMENT

Best Live Music Venues In Tallahassee

CubNole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2006
Where are the best places in Tallahassee to hear live music--for the over 40 crowd. Will be in town Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and would like to hear some decent music. Prefer classic rock and/or country but also enjoy contemporary jazz.

Where are the best places in Tallahassee to hear live music--for the over 40 crowd. Will be in town Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and would like to hear some decent music. Prefer classic rock and/or country but also enjoy contemporary jazz.

Highway 85 will play at the Corner Pocket on Saturday night. Those guys rock!

Hmm over 40? Hurricanes out on the north side of town has band called the Red Hills Band on Friday night.

Tobacco Road is at fifth and Thomas (midtown) Friday night. It’s a lot of that age until the show ends around 11 when it becomes more college age stuff. We leave when that starts.

Another fun band Friday night is The Rockits. They play at the american legion hall by lake Ella. It’s a huge string and brass band that plays a really wide range of music. They’re a lot of fun but the venue is a bit older than you’re asking about. So, can be fun but not the best place to see them.

As said above Hway85 is Saturday night at CP. They are a group of early 50s guys who started playing together just a few years ago and have taken off. They opened for the country artist last Friday at the Springtime music event. They are a good cover band and you’ll enjoy listening to them. It won’t be dance driven though so if you’re with women who want to dance it may be disappointing.

If you want a place that's off the beaten path and an historical icon in the Southeast United States that caters to the over 40 crowd this is the place:

https://bradfordvilleblues.com/

This is the band playing this Friday night: http://www.terryhanck.net/band.html
This is a great venue. Just make sure you know how far out and how late they tend to go. Not at all suggesting folks not go. It’s awesome. But it’s very different from the other options. @Scalphunter do they take reservations since the rebuild after the fire?

Thanks for the suggestions. Will be sure to hit a couple of those while in Tally.

Blue Tavern on the west side of North Monroe, between fifth and sixth avenues. Music every night but Sunday at eight. Varied styles, small venue, excellent local and regional artists. Americana, singer/songwriter, Jazz, Blues, the acts vary quite a bit. Good place to get to know.

This is a great venue. Just make sure you know how far out and how late they tend to go. Not at all suggesting folks not go. It’s awesome. But it’s very different from the other options. @Scalphunter do they take reservations since the rebuild after the fire?
Yeah, if you buy an advance ticket (not at the door) you're guaranteed a table. Also, Uber/Lyft will take you there, and pick you up. You might have to wait a bit to be picked up (about 30 mins or so), since they're usually coming from midtown area, but it works.

What jy2581 said below. If you buy in advance online you're guaranteed a table.

Reactions: jy2581
I'd say Paradise or Silver Slipper Lounge for live music .

For karaoke, Julie's Place.

Sports Bar would be AJs.

Best steak dinner is definitely Nicholson's Farm House.

I'd recommend hitting all of those places up.

Reactions: Seminolejon78

Sports Bar would be AJs.

Is really Silver Slipper Lounge open?

If Silver Slipper is still open, also visit Fred's Back Door Lounge, the Talquin Inn, Joe's Steak and Speghetti House, Tucker's Four Points, Sid's Lounge, LeRoc Lounge, City of Night, the Phryst, the Oaks at Panacea, and the Electric Eye. Try Thompson's Hamburgers on South Monroe and also a slaw dog and cherry Coke at Mutt and Jeff's at Thomasville\Meridian Rd. Tell them you know Coach Peterson.

Sports Bar would be AJs.

Lol Julie's karaoke. Talk about a blast from the past. Also karaoke at Pockets. Do they still do that? Sang Garth Brooks Friends in Low Places There. Had some dude, who was HAMMERED, tell me I sounded just like Garth. I absolutely, under no circumstances, sound anything like Garth. But I appreciated it nonetheless. Good times.

This!! Haven’t been since the rebuild but the atmosphere at BBC can’t be beat!

It really is a great place.

I'm really surprised that more younger folks don't make their way to BBC to get an authentic blues experience.

BBC really needs to find a way to market to the younger crowd.

Reactions: 10thSFGNole
This!! Haven’t been since the rebuild but the atmosphere at BBC can’t be beat!
It's in really good shape. Went a couple of weeks ago to see Damon Fowler Group. Solid show. Oh - one other tip for those who have never been...it's beer/wine only (unless you sneak out to your car and crush a drink in a thermos that you mixed up before you left. Not saying I've done that, but I'm not saying I HAVEN'T done that either).

Reactions: 10thSFGNole
It's in really good shape. Went a couple of weeks ago to see Damon Fowler Group. Solid show. Oh - one other tip for those who have never been...it's beer/wine only (unless you sneak out to your car and crush a drink in a thermos that you mixed up before you left. Not saying I've done that, but I'm not saying I HAVEN'T done that either).
Well when you gather round the outside fire by their food shack in the back, I think you’re expected to keep yourself warm!

Reactions: jy2581

Sports Bar would be AJs.

Careful now. Heard yesterday they’ve opened Nicholson’s as a wedding type venue under another name but they’re having Nicholson’s steak night once a week. Not sure if it was accurate but it’s what I heard.

Reactions: ScottiePimpin
Careful now. Heard yesterday they’ve opened Nicholson’s as a wedding type venue under another name but they’re having Nicholson’s steak night once a week. Not sure if it was accurate but it’s what I heard.
Opens this weekend.

Havana Springs Resort

The Nicholson Steak Night is a special dining event that will be offered every Thursday and Friday and Saturday nights at Havana Springs Resort. We will have seating in the Shady Rest, the Nicholson House and the Havana Springs Pavilion. Nicholson Steak nights will feature the famous boiled peanuts, steaks, chicken, pork and seafood selections as well as all the traditional Nicholson side dishes. Each entrée selection will start with a fresh salad with house dressing and be accompanied by a baked potato and bread & butter. Reservations are recommended but we always welcome those willing to wait!

As for music venues, another vote here for Bradfordville Blues Club for weekly blues/jazz/rock shows. New Orleans Suspects are there this Sunday and they're great.

Another venue that has similar rock/blues acts but not every weekend is the Junction at Monroe.

Pollstar usually has an updated list of music events held at local venues but doesn't include getdowns or stuff like that.

Reactions: AllNoles
Opens this weekend.

Havana Springs Resort

The Nicholson Steak Night is a special dining event that will be offered every Thursday and Friday and Saturday nights at Havana Springs Resort. We will have seating in the Shady Rest, the Nicholson House and the Havana Springs Pavilion. Nicholson Steak nights will feature the famous boiled peanuts, steaks, chicken, pork and seafood selections as well as all the traditional Nicholson side dishes. Each entrée selection will start with a fresh salad with house dressing and be accompanied by a baked potato and bread & butter. Reservations are recommended but we always welcome those willing to wait!
Glad I didn’t imagine it!

Reactions: dero316
Also while it’s not a huge music venue IWC has Moove Friday night on the deck. Karaoke Saturday night. And live music for brunch Sunday (get The Hangover).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT