ADVERTISEMENT

Big play potential. . .

summit2001

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2003
I get the feeling that this year's offense will be able to break out a higher percentage of big plays vs all other of Norvell's offenses in the past. Thats not to say that previous offenses did not break off big chunks and big plays, he seems to be pretty masterful at getting the ball to his playmakers in space. With that said, Johnny and Keon were both phenomenal WR's, but making people miss and taking it to the house was not their game. Bringing down contested catches and being possession type guys seemed to be their strengths. JT, while he was electric with is feet, was not a huge threat of the long ball. The offensive line, while it has continued to improve, was not super effective due to some of the offensive restrictions.

Fast forward to the upcoming season. It is well documented that this is the fastest team we have had in a while. We have a QB who now has the threat of really taking advantage of that speed. We have players like Lucas, Toafili, Hill, just to name a few, who's game is truly make you miss and blaze. Defenses could really be forced to try to cover a lot of field, and we may see a lot of 6-7 yard passes go for 50. This offensive line should be deep and talented enough to perform well enough to really let these playmakers shine. It's hard not to get too excited about this offenses potential, because I also feel they will be much more efficient in short yardage with a QB of Ukelele's size.

I know there are lots of unknowns, but I really trust these coaches to get these guys ready to step into their roles.

Is it football seasaon yet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News