ADVERTISEMENT

Bummer. The dryer that has been around longer than me crapped out...

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
wifey had it when we started seeing each other and our 30th anniversity is coming up. I told her it was finished and she quick came out with, "That POS! can't Merica make anything that lasts!"
I told her we could put it out on the front porch to set potted plants on and she busted out laughing...something wrong with that idea?

Can't those old washers be repaired indefinetly, like old Chevys in Cuba? I have a whirlpool dryer that is easily 15 years old that is taking twice as long to dry at the the moment. I need to find a decent repair person in Tampa to replace/fix whatever is necessary to get it working properly again. I'll buy an old dryer before I buy the modern, overpriced, junk at Home Depot.

Can't those old washers be repaired indefinetly, like old Chevys in Cuba? I have a whirlpool dryer that is easily 15 years old that is taking twice as long to dry at the the moment. I need to find a decent repair person in Tampa to replace/fix whatever is necessary to get it working properly again. I'll buy an old dryer before I buy the modern, overpriced, junk at Home Depot.
We replaced several things over the years including the timer. Each time the repair guy always said that we would never buy one to last as long. It is gas and the igniter is gone bad. Can't get anybody to work on it for us. I may try to fool with it, but for now it is getting a much needed rest.

We replaced several things over the years including the timer. Each time the repair guy always said that we would never buy one to last as long. It is gas and the igniter is gone bad. Can't get anybody to work on it for us. I may try to fool with it, but for now it is getting a much needed rest.
Watch a DIY Youtube on it. Thank me later...

I told her we could put it out on the front porch to set potted plants on and she busted out laughing...something wrong with that idea?

Nothing. But it works especially well if you've got high weeds growing and an old buick put up on concrete blocks.

Nothing. But it works especially well if you've got high weeds growing and an old buick put up on concrete blocks.
Thanks, Chuck. I was hoping for some decoratin' ideas. I got an old rider mower up on firewood and some wore out lawn chairs leaning up against it. You know. Something to base things off of. Do I just let the old dryer rust, or should I maybe use a flag or some emblem as a cover to keep the elements at bay? Never know when it might take on a second life. Thing is, that baby is good to let me rest my beer can on next to her pot plants. Lotta room.
I think it will fit right there next to the dawg's couch...no need to move a thang.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT