ADVERTISEMENT

Can any coffee lovers recommend your favorite brand?

BrianNole777

All-ACC
Jan 27, 2023
Near Washington D.C.
I drink 2 cups each morning using a Mr. Coffee maker. I have a large container of Dunkin Donuts original blend. I usually put some type of sweeter or creme in it.

Can anyone recommend your favorite type of Coffee?

(If it's on Amazon, that would be ideal.)

Thanks. 😀

Jacobs or Dallmayr for just off the shelf are really good. I go to Fresh Market as well sometimes and get the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe or Tanzanian Peaberry. I found getting the whole bean and grinding yourself makes a far better product. I use a Breville maker with grinder but also have a La Pavoni espresso machine.

I know you said you have a Mr. Coffee maker, but something to maybe invest in for the future if you are wanting to broaden your coffee tastes is a Keurig. I have one and Amazon offers these variety packs of 40 K-Cups from all these different brands. So there are a wide variety of different flavors to try and it's a nice way to find some new favorites. Current favorite is a blueberry cobbler flavor from New England coffee.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianNole777
I know you said you have a Mr. Coffee maker, but something to maybe invest in for the future if you are wanting to broaden your coffee tastes is a Keurig. I have one and Amazon offers these variety packs of 40 K-Cups from all these different brands. So there are a wide variety of different flavors to try and it's a nice way to find some new favorites. Current favorite is a blueberry cobbler flavor from New England coffee.
Nespresso is a good single cup maker as well. A little pricier than a Keurig but lots of different flavors you can try.

I am not a Keurig fan at all because it doesn’t turn out a cup that’s hot enough. Plus I drink two cups and I need to have it ready in a pot. Next to the sign in my kitchen that says I apologize for what I said before I had my coffee. 👹
I buy whatever’s on sale and I’ve bought off brands at TJMaxx as well as Walmart Great Value.
Half and Half and a bit of Sugar Free Italian Sweet Creme and my cup of caffeine is ready.

I don’t use the abominations that are Keurigs or Nespressos as they needlessly destroy the environment with their mounds of plastic cups and tasteless rehydrated bean water. So my recs are only for whole bean (and in a couple of cases ground).

I highly rec Larry’s Coffees. First of all, it’s the best tasting coffee I’ve had on an easy to get regular basis. Second of all, the company is a fantastic example of what companies in America SHOULD be ie organic, paying small farmers in far off poor countries actual living wages rather than a pittance like the big companies, and still makes a decent profit while operating in a zero water/zero energy waste facility. Just a well run, thoughtful and concerned with its global responsibility type of company. IE a company most Magats would want to spray bullets at from their AKs in the safety of their Coal-rolling F-350s for being “woke Cuck libtards”.

I’m always stocked with three of their great whole bean blends, Frenchy French, Cowboy Blend and Bean Martin and I usually have two or three single origin (especially one of their Ethiopian single farm whole beans) for variety.

The only other coffees I typically keep on hand is I do have preground Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee to make NOLAstyle cafe au laits or to add for an extra “deep earthy and slightly bitter kick” to my Larry’s coffees. I also keep Supreme by Bustello Expresso around to make Cuban Coffee almost as good as you can find in Miami. I keep Death Wish whole bean coffee around as well to do by itself or to add an extra caffeine zip from the robusta beans (I believe Larry’s only uses the better tasting but lower caffeine Arabica). And finally I always have the expensive but worth it Green Coffee Trader’s 100% Kona coffee as Larry’s doesn’t do Hawaiian coffee to my knowledge as it’s too wealthy of an area to support.

Last edited:
I tend to stick with coffee from local roasters, but I think that they all ship nationwide. These are my favorites:
Alana's Coffee Roasters
The Boy and The Bear
Maru Coffee
Tectonic Coffee
Groundwork Coffee (I think this one might be available nationally at Whole Foods)

A couple of others that I like that are not local:
Nguyen Coffee Supply (Be careful with this one. They use 100% Robusta beans, so the caffeine content is nearly double)
Stumptown Coffee Roasters (I believe that this one is also available nationwide through Whole Foods)
Caffe Vita (I used to be able to get these locally, but I think that they are only roasting in Seattle now)
Lady Falcon Coffee Club (The coffee is good, but the presentation is spectacular. I tend to send one of their giftboxes to my mother for Mother's Day every year.)

I prepare these via pour-over, French press, phin drip, moka pot, or cold brew. They would work fine in a drip machine when ground appropriately.
I was in San Diego one time and went to a local coffee place, the guy must have said organic 25 times in 5 minutes while explaining the coffee to me. Semi joking I asked for a non organic double espresso. He just stood there trying not to melt. Needless to say I didn't get a coffee as he had no sense of humor.

I don’t use the abominations that are Keurigs or Nespressos as they needlessly destroy the environment with their mounds of plastic cups and tasteless rehydrated bean water. So my recs are only for whole bean (and in a couple of cases ground).

I highly rec Larry’s Coffees. First of all, it’s the best tasting coffee I’ve had on an easy to get regular basis. Second of all, the company is a fantastic example of what companies in America SHOULD be ie organic, paying small farmers in far off poor countries actual living wages rather than a pittance like the big companies, and still makes a decent profit while operating in a zero water/zero energy waste facility. Just a well run, thoughtful and concerned with its global responsibility type of company. IE a company most Magats would want to spray bullets from their AKs in the safety of their Coal-rolling F35s for being “woke Cuck libtards”.

I’m always stocked with three of their great whole bean blends, Frenchy French, Cowboy Blend and Bean Martin and I usually have two or three single origin (especially one of their Ethiopian single farm whole beans) for variety.

The only other coffees I typically keep on hand is I do have preground Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee to make NOLAstyle cafe au laits or to add for an extra “deep earthy and slightly bitter kick” to my Larry’s coffees. I also keep Supreme by Bustello Expresso around to make Cuban Coffee almost as good as you can find in Miami. I keep Death Wish whole bean coffee around as well to do by itself or to add an extra caffeine zip from the robusta beans (I believe Larry’s only uses the better tasting but lower caffeine Arabica). And finally I always have the expensive but worth it Green Coffee Trader’s 100% Kona coffee as Larry’s doesn’t do Hawaiian coffee to my knowledge as it’s too wealthy of an area to support.
And here we go.

What's a ground coffee you can recommend that's on Amazon?

Volcanica has a fair amount of its flavors in ground as well as whole bean. It’s about on par with Larry’s Coffees in flavor (I still like Larry’s better) but isn’t as ”good” of a global partner.

And speaking of %*%*y global partners, maybe even the %*%*iest but which has cheap but pretty tasty coffee, Amazon’s proprietary label AmazonFresh is better than most name brand ground coffees. When I was being cheap during the worst part of the Pandemic as my businesses weren’t generating profits just losses for 6-12 months, I kept light, medium and dark roasts around.

Finally if you’re looking for a name brand cheap mass produced ground coffee, the best I’ve found is Chock full O Nuts.

Volcanica has a fair amount of its flavors in ground as well as whole bean. It’s about on par with Larry’s Coffees in flavor (I still like Larry’s better) but isn’t as ”good” or a global partner.

And speaking of %*%*y global partners, maybe even the %*%*iest but which has cheap but pretty tasty coffee, Amazon’s proprietary label is better than most name brand ground coffees.

Finally if you’re looking for a name brand cheap mass produced ground coffee, the best I’ve found is Chock full O Nuts.

Should I drink them black?

Should I drink them black?

I think everything I recommended in both posts (except Death Wish, Cafe Du Monde and Supreme by Bustello which are all relatively bitter and need cream or milk to tone that part down) is great black. Most also work well with milk or real cream and some (Larry’s Frenchy French in particular) work with flavored creamers.

All of the Larry’s, Volcanica, and AmazonFresh coffees (plus the Kona I recd) are not bitter and are perfectly great as black.

If you like expresso, and you want one that is not bitter, try Brazilian. It is far less acidic.

You can get coffee from Blue Macaw. I like the Mogiana the best, but Yellow Bourbon and Tucano are good too.

I think everything I recommended in both posts (except Death Wish, Cafe Du Monde and Supreme by Bustello which are all relatively bitter and need cream or milk to tone that part down) is great black. Most also work well with milk or real cream and some (Larry’s Frenchy French in particular) work with flavored creamers.

All of the Larry’s, Volcanica, and AmazonFresh coffees (plus the Kona I recd) are not bitter and are perfectly great as black.
I generally buy different whole bean products from various sources. What no one mentions (because most of you are too young to even know what it is), is that one of the most important aspects to brewing quality coffee is the method used to brew it. The best tasting coffee is vacuum brewed. Not filtered. Vacuum brewing makes a pot with no visible grounds when you hold it up to the light. In the 50's and 60's most coffee sold in restaurants and drug stores with counters was brewed in vacuum coffee makers made by Corey and Silex.

I am not a Keurig fan at all because it doesn’t turn out a cup that’s hot enough. Plus I drink two cups and I need to have it ready in a pot. Next to the sign in my kitchen that says I apologize for what I said before I had my coffee. 👹
I buy whatever’s on sale and I’ve bought off brands at TJMaxx as well as Walmart Great Value.
Half and Half and a bit of Sugar Free Italian Sweet Creme and my cup of caffeine is ready.
The 2 coffees I mentioned are usually the cheapest at Kroger.
I go to the Black Rifle Cars and Coffee, so I guess I drink that too.

Last edited:

I highly rec Larry’s Coffees. First of all, it’s the best tasting coffee I’ve had on an easy to get regular basis. Second of all, the company is a fantastic example of what companies in America SHOULD be ie organic, paying small farmers in far off poor countries actual living wages rather than a pittance like the big companies, and still makes a decent profit while operating in a zero water/zero energy waste facility. Just a well run, thoughtful and concerned with its global responsibility type of company. IE a company most Magats would want to spray bullets at from their AKs in the safety of their Coal-rolling F-350s for being “woke Cuck libtards”.

coal GIF

Reactions: goldmom

Nespresso isn't the worse coffee in the world but... the machines are not cheap and prone to breakdown. The pods are expensive and not super easy to get but if you don't want to drop a grand on a good espresso machine its a decent option. The other drawback is the pods. Usually they are metal which you can recycle or when I had one my wife gave them to a lady that made costume jewelry out of them and sold them at a farmers market. However, ill take my Breville and LaPavoni over that anyday.

I drink 2 cups each morning using a Mr. Coffee maker. I have a large container of Dunkin Donuts original blend. I usually put some type of sweeter or creme in it.

Can anyone recommend your favorite type of Coffee?

(If it's on Amazon, that would be ideal.)

Thanks. 😀
Mushroom Coffee's.

Folgers or maxwell house

I’m a simple man!

I’m not a fan of either of those EXCEPT I did surprisingly like the 1850 version of Folgers as they roast the beans on an open fire to give it some smokiness. I see they no longer sell it as “Folgers 1850” but now call it ”1850”……then in tiny letters “A Folger’s Expression”. So even Folger’s is trying to distance themselves from Folger’s when they accidentally have a good product. I like the “Trailblazer” and “Black Gold” versions of 1850 best of all. It’s nice to have coffee with a little bit of smoky flavor kind of like Boohea tea which is my personal favorite tea varietal.

As far as Maxwell House, the only one I keep in the house is Vienna Cafe instant coffee which I use exclusively for primitive camping trips. I usually take that and instant Cafe Bustello when I don’t have access to real coffee.

As I mentioned before, I don’t mind some cheaper commercial coffeee. AmazonFresh shipped straight from Amazon is surprisingly good. Eight O Clock and Chock Full Of Nuts are decent old school commercial Coffees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT