ADVERTISEMENT

Can you run a sub 6 40?

I'm not sure but I think if I was in shape I might sneak in there.

No. 5.99 when I was 24 (at one of those football skills things they set up before games. I was no longer playing basketball every day and workout our like in college but I was also only 24. Was surprised at how slow my time was. I would say I was average speed at least it never seemed I was way sower than everyone else.

Reactions: NoleAPath
I'm 48, 6'2" and 213 lbs. Was never a burner, but I seriously think I can run sub 6.

Reactions: NoleAPath
I'm not sure but I think if I was in shape I might sneak in there.
Piece of cake I would say I can still run in high 4 ranges 4.8 with good stretching. Ran 4.48 in college but that was at 190 thirty years ago but still have speed. At worse Izzo’s 40 time.

4.2 last time I timed myself a couple months ago. Also if we are talking athletic feats, I can drive a golf ball 300+ with a baby draw every time. 37/w/m definitely overweight.

Timed at 5.40 a few years ago when I was less active and definitely carrying bad weight. Have gotten more athletically active and lost over 20 lbs of bad weight. With some good stretching, betting I could get within .15 seconds either side of 5 flat.

4.46 at about 150 pounds when I was in High School (circa 1990).
5.5 about 2 years ago, and pulled a hamstring in the process (as I crossed the 40-yard) area.

Yes, I can still get in under 6, but man it makes me feel like death after I do it.

Up until 4 or 5 years ago, I would say yes for sure. I was always pretty fast, and was still in good shape, playing hoops a couple nights a week and running with the boys when coaching them in soccer or other sports. I haven’t played much the last few years. I would guess you t at 50/50 that I finish a little under 6 vs. pulling a hammy at the halfway point.

Pretty sure I could at 44.

In highscool and college I ran phenomenal times. I'm not even going to post because y'all won't believe them, but they were full automatic times with neither the start or finish hand timed like they do in the NFL.

I was never very fast, but rather quick with plenty of stamina. Good reflexes, but not fast afoot. Now, up in DFS’s age range, there is no way I would expect to be under 6. I can walk over 15 miles per day in mountain terrain with a 30 plus pound pack on my back.

If you can walk the walk bruh...
You’re a very good poster, and you may be able to walk the walk. I have a hard time believing most people on this board can hop off the couch and run a 6.0 40. I’ve run marathons and 1/2 Ironman races. I’m an over the hill athlete. I couldn’t do it. I have a very hard time believing that many posters here could jump up and run a 40 in under 8 seconds let alone 6. That is based on nothing but empirical evidence.

You’re a very good poster, and you may be able to walk the walk. I have a hard time believing most people on this board can hop off the couch and run a 6.0 40. I’ve run marathons and 1/2 Ironman races. I’m an over the hill athlete. I couldn’t do it. I have a very hard time believing that many posters here could jump up and run a 40 in under 8 seconds let alone 6. That is based on nothing but empirical evidence.
Ive run a marathon!!

I live near a high school. Tomorrow if they have track practice, I will get one of the coaches to time me.

For the record, my 17 year old son thinks im full of crap too!!

Oh cmon. Rich Eisen, who’s no athlete and late 40s I’d say, runs the 40 every year in his suit and dress shoes. Last year he ran it in 6.02. I’m guessing the majority of guys on this board under the age of 45 could run in 5.5 range with a proper warmup.

Let's wait until you're pushing 60 and see if you have that same attitude. Or do you consider age to be a serious problem?

I thought all of us on here were 1st team all-state when we were in high school?

Touche, though. Felt like as long as one stayed relatively active and kept the weight manageable, they could scoot a 40 in 5.9 but Father Time has a mean sense of humor.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Very interesting thread. My ego says yea I should be able to do it; but I really don't know. I am in pretty good shape, but do nothing that I think would be prepare me for a 40 yard dash. Now if Rich Eisen is running a 40 in 6.02 then I have to believe I could do that as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT