ADVERTISEMENT

Can't wait for "the Martian" to come out

grady327

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Anyone else looking forward to seeing this movie with Matt Damon?

Book was awesome. If Ridley Scott does as good with the movie, I expect it will be great as well. Will definitely see in the theater.

Hollywood will just screw it up. Already, I hear they gave the main character a wife and kids.

I was actually given the book as a gift recently. Is it worth the read? I can't get out of my head the douchey M Damon character in Interstellar.

Definitely worth the read. Other than the wife and kids, the trailer looks like it will follow the book pretty closely.

Interesting to juxtapose that intro and with some of the comments from the recent search thread. Movie looks good and will see.

Looking forward to 'Black Mass' in September too and 'Spectre' in November.

Things change so quickly in society. Cman calls Matt Damon "the man" and instantly Matt falls out of favor with Goldmom. The ebbs and flows.

What's the deal with Matt Damon? Did I miss something?

Not that I know of, cmanole. I was just joking because Goldmom's post was the next one in the thread after your post.

Fer sure. ;)

I just think he's become really full of himself and I strongly disagree with his political viewpoints, but that has nothing to do with his acting, thus my statement that I'd still see the movie.

The book was a great read. I also like how it came about. . . just a nerdy space enthusiast writing on a website/blog.

Interesting to juxtapose that intro and with some of the comments from the recent search thread.

Here we go. Picked up the standard size paperback edition at Hartsfield yesterday. Only took until page 216.

Movie looks good but i always thought of Damon as an overrated actor. He's done some fine work, but he's done plenty of real stinkers. His acting often comes off as forced IMO. I still can't get over how horrible he was in Bagger Vance.

The book was great. I'm looking forward to the movie. I hope they keep a lot of the humor from the book.

Reactions: HulaNole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT