ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Survivor- Kaoh Rong (Brains, Beauty, Brawn)

Adequate hydration is available to the contestants, it's just a PITA for them to get it - go to well, disinfect, etc. So it seems most of them are blowing it off. Add a hot day and long challenge and we get what we had.

It seemed like the bags weren't hidden too much. Each pit had two of them close together and the third one wasn't buried very deep, at least from the one being found that I remember. If the tribes dug with a strategy instead of each person going nuts, I think they could have got thru there quickly. Maybe have each person dig a parallel trench across the pit, then switch and go perpendicular. Repeat and go deeper if needed.

I thought Jeff was going to put Brawn thru Tribal Council, have them unload on Alicia, then say no elimination due to the medevac. Maybe even let them cast votes which wouldn't count. Then they'd have even tribes of 7 for the re-shuffle. Instead, they are going to create uneven tribes or go to single elimination early.

Another piece of eye candy gets sent packing. Pretty clear choice between the two Beauties, but I think they dwelled on the pending addition too much and didn't really consider that the Brains would end up with a majority instead. They could've dumped the dead weight that Pollard literally had to drag out of the water during the challenge along with the puzzle pieces.

They haven't had a real physical challenge yet where opponents come into contact. Most everything's been "swim out, get puzzle pieces, take them somewhere, and build something".

Last edited:
Reactions: peezy28
This season, for various reasons, may be one of the worst in years. Still time to turn it around but I wasn't happy with the poker player getting the boot.

Even my son (13) said all the immunity challenges have basically been the same... Go out, get something and put the puzzle together.

Very boring season and especially considering how good the last one was. Challenges have been boring except for the one where they all fainted. There is very little drama and boring people.

Very boring season and especially considering how good the last one was. Challenges have been boring except for the one where they all fainted. There is very little drama and boring people.

Minus the old crazy cat lady (who actually might be figuring all of this out). But she's more there for the "we didn't complete the psych evaluation" character.

Is it in Survivor rules that they have to kick off the eye candy so early every season?

Probably one of the best episodes of the season tonight... glad Peter and not the college girl was voted off. Looks like the brain alliance is dead....

Reactions: Frank"the tank"
Agree with Gwinnett, that was a pretty entertaining episode. This season is becoming a bit of a head scratcher to me. First Scot is growing on me, maybe it's his teaming up with Tai who seems like a genuine dude. I was really glad they finally got rid of the Doc. He was pain in the ass. Kyle reminds me of a UF football player, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane". Dude is worthless.

Probably one of the best episodes of the season tonight... glad Peter and not the college girl was voted off. Looks like the brain alliance is dead....
If another piece of eye candy went home early, I was going to have to push for Survivor: Cheerleaders vs Sorority Sisters next season.

Anyone have a tally of the numbers of each tribe heading into next week's merge? And male/female breakdown in case they try to align that way?

Reactions: fsUTampa
So in order to atone for the screw up with the heat strokes last week, we have medical check out everyone who has a boo boo this week and one person is removed from the game.

I bet former Survivors are sitting at home watching thinking "what the hell - I had gaping wounds!" Interesting that he did not give Aubrey his idol, though.

So in order to atone for the screw up with the heat strokes last week, we have medical check out everyone who has a boo boo this week and one person is removed from the game.

I bet former Survivors are sitting at home watching thinking "what the hell - I had gaping wounds!" Interesting that he did not give Aubrey his idol, though.

I bet some Survivor exec said check these guys out before we get sued for a serious medical condition.

I wonder if the guy didn't give the idol because he zoned out when he was eliminated?

That was all production After the close call with the heat exhaustion The doctors are probably all over them like hawks. I'm sure they already tried anabiotic and it would not work for Glenn

So who's actually in position to win this thing? Going by editing and amount of air time, I have to assume Julia (I think that's her name, 18yr old who was alone for a couple days after 3-to-2 tribe switch), FBI guy on hGH, Michelle, and Cyndey (or however you spell it) have zero chance. I can't see the jury giving Scott the money, and neither can I see them giving it to Debbie the cat lady. Tai would be the lovable character, but he's not strong enough of a player to manipulate people. I'm guessing it's Nick currently, as he seems to be the one with the head to think things through, problem is he might be "too strong at individual immunity" soon and have the target placed on him.

I would think with 2 idols yet to be played (Kyle and Tai) and a 3rd that should be put back in play (Neal's idol) it going to interesting. No way in hell the producers don't create this "super idol" strategy and not let it play out which I think gives Scot a huge advantage at this point. So my money is on him winning after all he's a former NBA player not named Magic, so I am sure he didn't invest wisely. At this point I can see him bringing Tai along until he needs the idol played with Kyle. No way do you let Tai get to the final tribal his game play and personality will destroy whoever he is sitting next to. Anybody for me but Kyle, Joe, and Debbie will be fine.

Really becoming a pretty good season.

I wonder if the guy didn't give the idol because he zoned out when he was eliminated?
Probably, although I wish he would've mentioned it in his post-elimination comments.

What I would've liked to see is him to stand up in the boat when it was about ten yards off shore, yell to the tribe, and throw the idol into the water.

Reactions: goldmom
Probably, although I wish he would've mentioned it in his post-elimination comments.

What I would've liked to see is him to stand up in the boat when it was about ten yards off shore, yell to the tribe, and throw the idol into the water.

That would have made for a hell of a free for all to get the idol!

Pretty good blindside of Nick this week., unfortunately I think Tai pays for his "super Idol" brain freeze during tribal. Didn't really care for Kyle's grandstanding about his daughter. I believe their is a time and place to discuss things like that individually with folks you trust not addressing the group as a whole. I think Scot handled his family issue the best in front of a small group of people he trusted. Guy has really grown on me and I am pulling for him to win it.

Reactions: goldmom
The First Rule of Worrying That There Might Be a Girls Alliance: DO NOT tell a girl that the guys are worrying that there might be a girls alliance. Nick planted the seed that led to his elimination.

Not a bad plan by the bodybuilder though: Her Beauty+Brawn Alliance would get her to the final seven before disintegrating, while All Girls gets her to the final five where she is the swing vote between two beauties and two brains. After that, she'd be the heavy favorite in the final immunity challenge and a guaranteed spot in the finals. The risk is that the two girl mini-groups realize that too and team up to oust her to increase all their chances at the last challenge - which she can eliminate by winning the five girl immunity challenge too.

Ok after a dismal/boring start to this season I'll say the last two weeks, including tonight, have been really good. I LOVE the chaos that went on during the TC tonight and as much as I despise Scott and Jason their plan of dumping the water, hiding the machete, etc. was funny...yet despicable. Turning out to be pretty entertaining.

The women are idiots for not voting out Scott or Jason--- I get that the two idols caused chaos-- but their whole plan of voting out Debbie was just weird. I think they are terrified of Jason...

Ok after a dismal/boring start to this season I'll say the last two weeks, including tonight, have been really good. I LOVE the chaos that went on during the TC tonight and as much as I despise Scott and Jason their plan of dumping the water, hiding the machete, etc. was funny...yet despicable. Turning out to be pretty entertaining.

The women are idiots for not voting out Scott or Jason--- I get that the two idols caused chaos-- but their whole plan of voting out Debbie was just weird. I think they are terrified of Jason...

Agreed. Last night was better than I expected.
I despise Scott and Kyle...their hi jinx are grade school and both are so unlikable. I wanted to punch those smug grins off their faces.
The girls need to pull Tai over as hinted at in the previews.
Wish Kyle or Scott had been sent home, but I'm not overly disappointed Debbie was booted.

I despise Scott and Kyle...their hi jinx are grade school and both are so unlikable. I wanted to punch those smug grins off their faces.

YES!!! Doubt this is a "playing the bad guy". Just a couple of a$$hole bullies. But they played the chaos so well at tribal. Between the girl alliance being stupid and the guys giving them head fakes, they didn't know what hit them. So now can they do it again and continue to whittle away the brains?

Happy Debbie <chemist/model/military/baseball legend> is gone, she was irritating, but sometimes crazy can be funny.

Last nights Tribal was fantastic! Agree with others that Scot and Kyle acted like UF frat boys but it made for entertaining television. At this point one of them is a lock for the final tribal in my opinion, because no way in hell are they winning with the number of pissed off jury members waiting for them. Also am I the only one that felt bad for Tai getting in on the juvenile behavior? It almost looked a tad scripted. I think he does not have a bad bone in his body.

Reactions: fsUTampa
Last nights Tribal was fantastic! Agree with others that Scot and Kyle acted like UF frat boys but it made for entertaining television. At this point one of them is a lock for the final tribal in my opinion, because no way in hell are they winning with the number of pissed off jury members waiting for them. Also am I the only one that felt bad for Tai getting in on the juvenile behavior? It almost looked a tad scripted. I think he does not have a bad bone in his body.

Yes! I was surprised and disappointed when Tai stooped to that level...especially when he'd already said he was uncomfortable with their childish shenanigans. It all seemed very out of character for him.

Looks like we are all Tai fans-- I hope he leaves the dark side as well. Anyone find it funny that he's basically kept that last chicken as the tribes pet? If there is one animal that doesn't want to see Tai get voted off is that chicken...

Next week will be absolutely pivotal. If Tai flips and keeps it a secret, I think Scott is gone unless he wins immunity.

I don't mind Debbie being gone. That "thing" on her back shoulder was revolting. They finally lanced it - or else it would have started to move on its own. Ugh.

I don't get why there's such a fear of people with idols. How many times do they play it correctly? Seems very rarely. If you have #'s, always flush the idols out. Should be a no-brainer. However, with this whole super-idol thing, I guess that changes things, especially now that it's known that the minority has that. What happens if a) there's a 3-way tie for votes? or b) say Scott gets the votes, can Tai then hand Scott both idols after the votes are revealed?

Good question Tampa. I would assume Tai can hand them over after the votes are revealed. Also are we going to see other idols come back in play? It seems I am changing who I would like to win this weekly and that's driving me nuts.

I guess I'm in the minority for rooting for Tai, Jason, Scott and Julia. I was glad she went over to them and hope it sticks for a while. I'd like Tai or Julia to win in the end so having Jason and Scott around till final 3 would suit either of them best.

As for the antics, it was childish and immature. However, when Scott said "well, I'm not just going to lie down and get voted out... I'm going to fight", I kind of "got it". Imagine if some others on previous seasons had at least tried to ruffle the feathers like these guys did... who knows what could have happened. I mean, they didn't go full psycho and torch all of the rice (like a previous contestant) or physically harm anyone. Some psychological games that worked. The idols obviously helped, but kudos to them regardless. I'd say that fits in to "outwit".

Big move for Tai last night. Scott should have listened more closely to Tai when he told them about Audrey's proposition. Instead, he immediately said, hey let's get rid of her. They could have gone for Cyndey directly.

Didn't Jason blunder by giving Scott his idol? I'm not sure of the exact rules, but if Tai could have given Scott his to make a super idol after the result was read, couldn't both Jason and Tai given him their idols? Now Jason doesn't have his (though couldn't Scott have handed it back to him?).

Best tribal in a long time. I don't understand why Scott didn't give back the idol to Jason before he left.

Next week will be absolutely pivotal. If Tai flips and keeps it a secret, I think Scott is gone unless he wins immunity.

I don't mind Debbie being gone. That "thing" on her back shoulder was revolting. They finally lanced it - or else it would have started to move on its own. Ugh.

WOW. Should I go buy some lottery tickets? I can't believe I hit this nail on the head. But you could see it coming and Scot brought it on himself. How can anyone be that arrogant and over confident? And dumb....to walk off and take Jason's idol. But J-man is not far behind.

Didn't Jason blunder by giving Scott his idol? I'm not sure of the exact rules, but if Tai could have given Scott his to make a super idol after the result was read, couldn't both Jason and Tai given him their idols? Now Jason doesn't have his (though couldn't Scott have handed it back to him?).

My (total) guess is that yes, Jason was the one who screwed up. I'm guessing there's a written rule somewhere that if you're in possession of an idol and voted out, it's frozen. But until you're voted out, you can pass it around as much as you want. Something along those lines.

My (total) guess is that yes, Jason was the one who screwed up. I'm guessing there's a written rule somewhere that if you're in possession of an idol and voted out, it's frozen. But until you're voted out, you can pass it around as much as you want. Something along those lines.
Be nice if they would clue us in as I'm sure a lot of viewers are wondering.

Be nice if they would clue us in as I'm sure a lot of viewers are wondering.

Found the answer:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/03/survivor-immunity-idol-super-idol-rules/

"If you are voted out while in physical possession of the idol, that idol is out of the game and no longer has any power."

Going by all of those rules, I'm not sure Tai could've given Scott the 2nd idol anyways post-reading of the votes. Might've been just some fancy editing and/or acting for dramatic effect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT