ADVERTISEMENT

CFP scenarios in lieu of omicron

Asi-yahola82

Veteran Seminole Insider
Nov 19, 2019
scenario 4 would be unthinkable lol.

2. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if one team is unavailable to play – The unavailable team shall forfeit the game and its opponent would advance to the national championship game.

3. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if both teams are unavailable to play in one semifinal – The semifinal game would be declared “no contest” and the team winning the other semifinal game would be declared the CFP National Champion.

4. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if three teams are unavailable to play – The semifinal game in which two teams are unable to play would be declared “no contest.” In the other semifinal game, the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and its opponent would be declared CFP National Champion.

5. CFP National Championship – If the team’s unavailability is determined after the Playoff Semifinals have been conducted, the national championship game in Indianapolis may be rescheduled to no later than Friday, January 14. If one team is able to play and the other is not and the game cannot be rescheduled or is rescheduled and cannot be played, then the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and the other team shall be declared CFP National Champion. If both teams are unable to play on either an original or rescheduled date, then the game shall be declared “no contest” and the CFP National Championship shall be vacated for this season.

I can picture all the Alabama psychos plotting to send people infected with Covid to be around players from all three other playoff teams.

Gumps are gonna gump.
Gumps gonna gump bwwwwaaahhhhaaaaa!

well done!

Who spends time with Alabama fans besides those living in Alabama?

However, having said that, this is not above most callers to Feinbaum to try to do exactly this…

Reactions: Spenser1
I’d like to know what entity will be responsible for testing the teams/personnel involved. Seems there’d be a huge disincentive for teams to test themselves in these scenarios
CFP Officials: “Did your team have any positive Covid tests, Coach?”
Saban: “No. We’re all good. Really. Pay no attention to those coaches and players who are coughing, burning up with fevers, unable to smell or taste anything. We are ready to play!”

I’d like to know what entity will be responsible for testing the teams/personnel involved. Seems there’d be a huge disincentive for teams to test themselves in these scenarios
Saban: “No. We’re all good. Really. Pay no attention to those coaches and players who are coughing, burning up with fevers, unable to smell or taste anything. We are ready to play!”
Well, if they stop testing, covid goes away. Since the symptoms are basically hay fever.

I’m rooting for scenario #4 with cinci being the last team standing.

Oops - you have a cold - you're disqualified.

‘In the past, we roughly thought that COVID was 10 times worse than flu and now we have a variant that is probably at least 10 times less severe,' Murray said. 'So, omicron will probably … be less severe than flu but much more transmissible.'

Reactions: mxhudso
The idea that they are testing otherwise healthy, young, robust athletes and canceling games based on what pops up, is patently ridiculous. If I had one wish right now, other than to be able to get better right away, it would be to remove this entire testing fetish from the country. I don’t think 10 years ago I could have believed we would be such a fearful nation.

”After an exhaustive and detailed investigation sorting through all possible scenarios and options the CFP committee and the NCAA have decided to award this years National Championship to….the SEC”

Scenario 6- If all four teams are unable to play.... then what??

trust me...this is exactly how it will go, but Georgia will also be standing so we'll get to watch another SEC rematch

nah this is omicron, the symptoms have shifted. this would be more indicative of a problem now!

0*-92x4x5rjj-OdFb7.jpg

any opportunity to throw up the shit stain lane pic is one worth taking!

nah this is omicron, the symptoms have shifted. this would be more indicative of a problem now!

0*-92x4x5rjj-OdFb7.jpg

any opportunity to throw up the shit stain lane pic is one worth taking!
It’s funny: college football players routinely suffer concussions and orthopedic injuries that can adversely affect them for the rest of their lives. But when it comes to some sniffles, then we need to have some serious-ass rules to keep everyone “safe.” LOL.

Reactions: GbrNole and mjpwooo
Rest assured if any teams are DQ'd it will be Michigan or Cincy and Bama or UGA will have "laid down the proper protocols to endure this variant" or some crap like that. Just waiting for the headlines this week. The NCAA didnt change those rules for Michigan or Cincy's benefit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT