ADVERTISEMENT

Cobra Kai - it’s actially really good

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
we watched the series, it’s entertaining and fun to watch.

It’s cheesy, bad acting most of the time, low production cost, but still had nostalgic feel and great character development. There isn’t a good guy and there isn’t a bad guy. Hard to explain, but you find reason to dislike and like all the main characters.

Another thing I liked is that there arent any losers. One of my grips with shows like Silcone Valley is that the lead never wins, he’s a constant train wreck, not the case with this show and I loved that.

They also did a great job making fun of some of the scenes in the original.

Again, all around good show to watch. I recommend you binge watch over the weekend if you have time.

Last edited:
Binged this over the weekend. Wow, great show. Really solid comedy drama, with good performances out of the teens, which is always a little hit and miss (Homeland).

The white male anti-hero got overplayed as a subject of prestige TV, but this hits that mark pretty well.

For a show that's essentially a silly concept, the two main leads and their relationships are pretty complex. The show smartly leans into the fact that Daniel was at best an obnoxious dick in the Karate Kids movies, if not the villain. But it doesn't whitewash Johnny completely either, he's more sympathetic because he's a full character, but still retains some contemptible qualities.

Billy Zabka give an Emmy-worthy performance for sure.

Well worth the 30 day free trial to binge, in my opinion.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Binged this over the weekend. Wow, great show. Really solid comedy drama, with good performances out of the teens, which is always a little hit and miss (Homeland).

The white male anti-hero got overplayed as a subject of prestige TV, but this hits that mark pretty well.

For a show that's essentially a silly concept, the two main leads and their relationships are pretty complex. The show smartly leans into the fact that Daniel was at best an obnoxious dick in the Karate Kids movies, if not the villain. But it doesn't whitewash Johnny completely either, he's more sympathetic because he's a full character, but still retains some contemptible qualities.

So does the series end with this 1 season or will there be future seasons that will go beyond the 30 days?

So does the series end with this 1 season or will there be future seasons that will go beyond the 30 days?

It’s left open, but not so much of a cliff hanger that you feel like it had to go on to season 2 in order to get closure.

Last edited:

I’m glad you liked, you’re pretty serious with your reviews on movies and shows.

I thought it was great. The writing and characters were phenomenal. Like I menetioned above, there equal reason to route for and like every character, but at the same time there is reason to route against and dislike every character; in a show where people fight, that is a different concept. So weird and different to me.

Again, great show, makes you laugh, makes you want to clap and fist pump, and really easy to watch...just a good all around vibe to the show.

Reactions: Nole Lou
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So I am guessing based on the response they will have a season 2 and so forth.

You know they will if people continue to watch it. However, if it ended today you have closure and not feel cheated with the feeling of open cliff hangers.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
I’m glad you liked, you’re pretty serious with your reviews on movies and shows.

I thought it was great. The writing and characters were phenomenal. Like I menetioned above, there equal reason to route for and like every character, but at the same time there is reason to route against and dislike every character; in a show where people fight, that is a different concept. So weird and different to me.

Again, great show, makes you laugh, makes you want to clap and fist pump, and really easy to watch...just a good all around vibe to the show.

Yep, the moral complexity of the characters is way beyond what I was led to expect by the concept.

And while yes, they do bring the story arc to a conclusion, so it's not unresolved so to speak, it definitely sets up multiple teasers for going forward both plot-wise and as far as character.

I have to think they do a season two, given that it's got to be the closest thing to a break out show among Youtube originals. I have to think it would be in play for an Emmy or two.

It's funnier and more edgy than I was expecting.

Good point on the edginess. It's not a hard R exactly, and the original probably has more language than most people remember, but still not really for kids. I think it's a good tone...edgy enough to be interesting and a fresh take on the cheesiness of the original, but not overdoing it for shock value.

Before I commit to watching can you speak to the quantity and quality of nudity in the series?

no tatas....but they did flat out make a joke about drinking and driving. I was shocked they went there and did it so nonchalant like.

There was another really good joke about lesbians and stereotyping the cars they drive...made me laugh.

Am half way through Season 2. Highly entertaining, cheesy, and gives everyone a wink and nod that it knows its cheesy.

we watched the series, it’s entertaining and fun to watch.

It’s cheesy, bad acting most of the time, low production cost, but still had nostalgic feel and great character development. There isn’t a good guy and there isn’t a bad guy. Hard to explain, but you find reason to dislike and like all the main characters.

Another thing I liked is that there arent any losers. One of my grips with shows like Silcone Valley is that the lead never wins, he’s a constant train wreck, not the case with this show and I loved that.

They also did a great job making fun of some of the scenes in the original.

Again, all around good show to watch. I recommend you binge watch over the weekend if you have time.

Just watched this weekend! Never knew it existed until I saw it here. Great show season one kicks ass, season two was a little slower but still entertaining. Can't wait for season 3!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT