ADVERTISEMENT

College Hockey and Frozen Four

I don't ever recall all 4 Beanpot teams being in the tournament the same year. Maybe it has happened, but I can't remember it

Unfortunately I've paid ZERO attention this year, but look forward to the Frozen Four. Thanks for posting timbo!

Unfortunately I've paid ZERO attention this year, but look forward to the Frozen Four. Thanks for posting timbo!
They are making it harder and harder to keep up with. NESN who historically has had hockey east on Friday night's did not renew with hockey east. First time in forever. They still broadcast games but not all hockey east which I follow. So me being in San Antonio paying for satellite to get NESN was very disappointed.

I don't ever recall all 4 Beanpot teams being in the tournament the same year. Maybe it has happened, but I can't remember it
I can't recall that either. It's good to see Harvard have a good year I don't remember the last time they got in. And good for northeastern winning the hockey east tourney. They have been knocking on the door in the bean pot few times recently.

They are making it harder and harder to keep up with. NESN who historically has had hockey east on Friday night's did not renew with hockey east. First time in forever. They still broadcast games but not all hockey east which I follow. So me being in San Antonio paying for satellite to get NESN was very disappointed.

Of the few minutes I saw this year it was just NBC sports network showing Notre Dame. Meh. I'll be rooting for old stomping grounds of BC and North Dakota.

I can tell you word around town from coaches I still know is that this could be the final year for legendary Michigan coach Red Berensen. To have him and BU's Jack Parker go out recently and Jerry York on the way.....

Growing up a hockey player in the Boston area I met Jackie Parker a few times and he is a great person much like York. It is part of what makes that rivalry go great the last 20 years is those two behind the bench. It's funny my grandfather never liked Parker because he was the first to go overseas to offer euro kids schollies and my grandfather thought that the Northeast had enough good kids. It will be odd to see Red go as well. With the BIG starting a hockey league the WCHA and CCHA aren't the same.

I dont know if you get to read The Globe much but this was a read done by Dupont on York.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...n-away-from/S2laIBcrSLhGYC2isFqysI/story.html

Of the few minutes I saw this year it was just NBC sports network showing Notre Dame. Meh. I'll be rooting for old stomping grounds of BC and North Dakota.

I can tell you word around town from coaches I still know is that this could be the final year for legendary Michigan coach Red Berensen. To have him and BU's Jack Parker go out recently and Jerry York on the way.....
You don't have to worry about that anymore.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...big-ten-b1g-in-2017-2018-hockey-east#comments

Go Yale and QPac! Im now in Hockey East territory and they laugh at the Ecac but Yale and Union have recent Frozen Four titles, why not 3 in 4 years? Qpac has a nice squad

ND and Denver is going to be a war. I don't know much about either team but ND is always tough and always have good goalies. Jim Montgomery is doing a hell of a job and I loved him as a player at Maine, they could use him right now.

I think BC over Q wins, Demko is playing very. well.

BC couldn't recover from a flat start and the Q played one hell of a defensive game.

I didn't watch ND and Denver, I watched the Bruins instead, I mean you got to be some kind of sicko to watch Denver and ND right? But I was pulling for Jim Montgomery, I was a huge fan growing up. That 92-93 Maine team was filthy.

North Dakota ends the drought, didn't realize their rookie coach had played on defense for them. He certainly took the added pressure of having played there and stomped all over it, pretty impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT