ADVERTISEMENT

Collision repair in Tally?

seminole97

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jun 14, 2005
Thoughts on who to trust and who to avoid appreciated.
Need to replace front left fender (cracked fiberglass).
People like to back into my cars.

Coincidentally, they are who I used the last time I had this problem. A guy backed into my car at a 3 way intersection. He was lost trying to get out of Southwood, and decided to back up and go the other way without actually looking behind his little truck.
Tow ball tore the nose and broke the fiberglass hood.
Universal couldn't get a hood to fit ( gap between the hood and nose was about 1.25 inches, you could stick your hand in it). They saw no problem with black overspray on white paint. A half dozen things I pointed out the first time they suggested the car was ready took several trips to resolve.
I actually chose them because of the 1st gen muscle cars I saw being prepped and painted. I assumed if folks were trusting them with that they were quality. Probably just very different crews of guys doing different things.
Figured I might as well try somewhere else instead of repeat and hope.
Was planning to sell the car anyway, so this is just delaying that.

Saw a mean wreck at I-10 and Hwy 90 W today that's going to take some serious collision repair. One dead for sure, maybe more...

Joe Hudson's failed to notice that a co worker's Mercedes had a bent frame. Repaired the whole thing, co worker picked it up, drove like crap, then they found out and totaled it. I will say the work they did on the outside was pretty outstanding though so could have been an honest mistake. Their shop looks very advanced.

I have used body builders and won't return. I also used Dale Jr. chevy (before it was Dale Jr) and won't return.

I always go to Preferred Paint and Body....its a family business on the corner of Orange and Springhill Road.

They've always done a good job for me, no complaints.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT