ADVERTISEMENT

ComicCon Movie Trailer Leaks

Suicide Squad has me intrigued. I just started reading the comics for this series and like what I've read so far.

I think Jared Leto is trying WAAAY too hard.
Unfortunately for Jared, there's nowhere to go but down when it comes to playing this character. Heath's Joker was a performance for the ages. Since this story is about villains, I hope they make it R-rated and maybe let Jared take the Joker in a direction that wouldn't be appropriate for a PG-13 movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubbz
Unfortunately for Jared, there's nowhere to go but down when it comes to playing this character. Heath's Joker was a performance for the ages. Since this story is about villains, I hope they make it R-rated and maybe let Jared take the Joker in a direction that wouldn't be appropriate for a PG-13 movie.

While I agree Leto has an uphill battle in making this role something comparable to Ledger, don't you remember the backlash when Ledger was hired? "He's no Jack." "Worst casting of all time." etc. Then he comes out and nails a Tom Waits impression and we pretty much universally call it the greatest comic movie villain performance ever. Leto won an Oscar last year, the guy's a talented actor. So, maybe he'll surprise us.

I can't see DC or WB going the R route for this film though. Would be cool though.

I wasn't referring to his general acting chops. He has the word "damaged" on his forehead. This is possibly above him in terms of a writing/directing issue, but this interpretation SEEMS lacking the humor/sarcasm that makes this character great in nearly every other instance.

I wasn't referring to his general acting chops. He has the word "damaged" on his forehead. This is possibly above him in terms of a writing/directing issue, but this interpretation SEEMS lacking the humor/sarcasm that makes this character great in nearly every other instance.

Well, we've only seen about 5 seconds of him so far. But, from what we saw, it reminded me a little of Death in the Family.

batman-vs-superman-suicide-squad-has-the-joker-killed-robin-the-joker-has-it-in-for-jason-todd-305632.jpg

The tattoos and clothes we've seen leak so far, to me, look like a cross between DKR and All Star.

dark-knight-joker-close_11976582501.jpg
1435520-243587_181425_joker.jpg

As far as the humor/sarcasm aspect of Joker, again, we've seen only a few seconds and I haven't seen a script yet, so it might be a bit early to pass judgment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT