ADVERTISEMENT

"Courage is the key to life itself"

Stephen King Film GIF

I didn't hear Morgan Freeman mention anything about equity or empathy... weird, hug?
In the end, we are the sum of our choices...
I found it funny when Mr. Finger smeller tried to lead him into agreeing with his narrative. His simple answer was spot on. Bullshit.

Mr. Freeman is right. The bus runs every day. No excuse for all the cowards out there who are afraid to jump on board yet blame the system for holding them back. We have created a bunch of p@$$17s that whine and cry when something isn't given to them. Life isn't fair get over it and move on. Or don't just stop blaming everyone else for holding you back.

Life is what you make it. You always have the ability to do something about your current situation. No, not everyone can be CEO of a Fortune 500 company. No, we are all not capable of being millionaires.

But we all can make the best of the hands we were dealt in life and improve our situations. Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to bad people. Stop crying and get over it and do something about it. Stop playing the victim card.

Just my .02

Life is what you make it. You always have the ability to do something about your current situation. No, not everyone can be CEO of a Fortune 500 company. No, we are all not capable of being millionaires.

But we all can make the best of the hands we were dealt in life and improve our situations. Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to bad people. Stop crying and get over it and do something about it. Stop playing the victim card.

Just my .02
Yes, but if we did that, then we could focus on mundane things like massive inflation, who controls interest rates, why home ownership is becoming an impossibility, expansive government surveillance, etc... much better to play the victim card and let some joker champion your cause in Washington D.C.....

Reactions: goldmom and F4Gary
The victim card is a handy replacement for personal accountability and an excuse for laziness. Sad thing is that there are actually people that buy it and champion the use of it.
Not only do they buy into it, presenting yourself as the "defender of these victims" gets people elected to public office... cool.

Grew up in Tallahassee and attended Rickards High School (the "South City" school at the time)----I had the honor and privilege to play on the football team coached by Jack Gaskins; the school integrated my senior year and we were joined by 10-12 new teammates from nearby FAMU High (essentially our "Remember the Titans" season as we were a team split down the middle 50/50 Black and White). I remember the abuse (verbal/physical) that the new guys had to endure in attending a previously all White school in 1967-68. One of those became our star running back, Burgess Owens, who went on to become an All-American at Miami and a Super Bowl Champion playing safety for the Oakland Raiders----today he is a U.S. Congressman; if you read his life story, he alludes to those years at Rickards and living in a segregated Tallahassee, but he rose far above those circumstances without excuses/blame games so many would make today----he continues to excel in life and inspires others (me included).

Not only do they buy into it, presenting yourself as the "defender of these victims" gets people elected to public office... cool.
Yep, another form of virtue signaling by the less than tolerant groups. Makes them feel better about themselves.

Reactions: noletaire
Grew up in Tallahassee and attended Rickards High School (the "South City" school at the time)----I had the honor and privilege to play on the football team coached by Jack Gaskins; the school integrated my senior year and we were joined by 10-12 new teammates from nearby FAMU High (essentially our "Remember the Titans" season as we were a team split down the middle 50/50 Black and White). I remember the abuse (verbal/physical) that the new guys had to endure in attending a previously all White school in 1967-68. One of those became our star running back, Burgess Owens, who went on to become an All-American at Miami and a Super Bowl Champion playing safety for the Oakland Raiders----today he is a U.S. Congressman; if you read his life story, he alludes to those years at Rickards and living in a segregated Tallahassee, but he rose far above those circumstances without excuses/blame games so many would make today----he continues to excel in life and inspires others (me included).
Great post, thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: goldmom
Yep, another form of virtue signaling by the less than tolerant groups. Makes them feel better about themselves.
Yep, the woke thing is the new religion... rebuking all those who don't go along with their version of "social justice". I'm waiting for them to bring back the "Cult of the Supreme Being"....
One dude on here said, "I'm intolerant to intolerance".... cool. A free pass to condemn anyone who doesn't adhere to his perception of intolerance. Pure comedy.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
He’s just a super guy and Congress is better for his presence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT