ADVERTISEMENT

Crickets

Somebody put a swarm of crickets in my car during my wedding reception. A great idea although I wish I wasn't the victim. Several died from the heat and I'm sure stayed in every nook and cranny inside my 1978 Ford Granada with a White Vinyl top for years. The aroma was very appealing. A classic Bitchin' Ride. Starsky and Hutch; eat your heart out. :)
Sardines would have been a better choice. But that would have made the responsible party a Dookie.
I Can't Go For That. No Can Do!
Hall and Oates

Reactions: goldmom
Ah. Fresh bait.
OK...... Many times in one life's journey, one's point makes no impact at all. Kinda reminds me of the "Amazing" Metropolitans of '69..... A truly strange and unexplained phenomenon in The Twilight Zone.
Rod Serling

Aand we have life! Unknown origins, but yes, it lives!!!

It was so dead on this board Funeral Directors were getting jealous.
LMAO. Things will come to life around here, after we lose a few football games and the bannings on the other site begin in full swing.... the exiles will come in droves... General Pinochet has already returned to power and the hammer will fall over there...

Somebody put a swarm of crickets in my car during my wedding reception. A great idea although I wish I wasn't the victim. Several died from the heat and I'm sure stayed in every nook and cranny inside my 1978 Ford Granada with a White Vinyl top for years. The aroma was very appealing. A classic Bitchin' Ride. Starsky and Hutch; eat your heart out. :)
Sardines would have been a better choice. But that would have made the responsible party a Dookie.
Hall and Oates
We used to put shrimp in the heater/ac grills.

Reactions: MagNoleA
Hall and Oates
Hard to top bleu cheese on the engine block.

Aand we have life! Unknown origins, but yes, it lives!!!

It was so dead on this board Funeral Directors were getting jealous.
I thought of working in the funeral directory business, but in that industry there is always stiff competition. And just like that, you could be in a grave situation. However, they will be the last people to let you down.

Last edited:
Many years ago I helped out at a church youth camp in lees burg

One night some wise guys( me included) sprinkled 5000 crickets under the sheets in the girls cabins

Next day the camp manager looked extremely exhausted as he addressed what took place

He was not happy that All night long just as he was getting to sleep he would hear girls screaming and he would have to get up to go cricket hunting

Good times

Please forgive me Lord!

220px-Romalea_microptera_showing_wings.jpg

Reactions: BrianNole777
I thought of working in the funeral directory business, but in that industry there is always stiff competition. And just like that, you could be in a grave situation. However, they will be the last people to let you down.
In the movie adaption of Evelyn Waugh's funny novel The Loved One, a funeral director (Jonathan
Winters) who's running out of space for dead bodies, proposes to shoot them into space. He says,
as I recall, "I gotta get those stiffs off my property!"

Those things were yuuuge. My Mom told us they’d spit on you if you tried to catch them so we stayed away. I think she made that up. 😂
I lived as a kid in Miami, where there were yearly infestations of those big bad boys (and girls). I was
told to keep my distance because they could spit horrible tobacco-like juice on you. We also kept
clear of doodle bugs! LOL

I’ve started s few including this one.
If people think there’s whining going on that’s their problem.
This board is (so far) sorta like the Anti-Hawkey Report. You can start and read any threads you like, others can do as well. Those who are whiners about dullness clearly don't want to look at things like Crickets, and would prolly be better off somewhere else. OR, they could start their threads in an effort to get input on what they want to know about. And if that STILL doesn't fix their boredom, well, they should be able to figure out where the problem really is.

Many years ago I helped out at a church youth camp in lees burg

One night some wise guys( me included) sprinkled 5000 crickets under the sheets in the girls cabins

Next day the camp manager looked extremely exhausted as he addressed what took place

He was not happy that All night long just as he was getting to sleep he would hear girls screaming and he would have to get up to go cricket hunting

Good times

Please forgive me Lord!
And they didn’t take out a contract on you? Even after 20, 30, 40 years? Lucky man😎

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT