ADVERTISEMENT

Culture change

paulnvalerie

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
One of the biggest culture changes I am looking forward to and one that will take 2-3 years:

Jimbo Fisher had a lot of success recruiting high 4 and 5 stars but they came in with expectations to play early as well as leave early for the NFL. They either met their expectations and left early or they didn't and quit and looked elsewhere for playing time.

His approach has left us with a continual lack of solid senior leadership since the 2013 season. In 2014 we had guys playing not to get hurt or risk their future so I think it started then.

Willie is recruiting and creating an environment of players that want to do well in the classroom and want to get their degree. He wants players that love being at and playing for Florida State.

We have seen Dabo retain really good NFL quality players for their RS junoir and senior years. Our Dynasty years were marked by guys that didn't start or play significant roles until they were upperclassmen.

While we have had talented teams, I believe we have been missing this element the past few years... senior leaders that want to play and succeed at FSU before their aspirations to get to the NFL. I look forward to Willie restoring this culture and will be patient as he does so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News