ADVERTISEMENT

Cutting the cable

Gonolz

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 6, 2002
Indian Rocks Beach
I know we've done this thread before. I've learned a lot about various content that is available through different services. Comment on those if you have views, but what I really would like to know is where is the best place to get high speed internet? Do you stick with the evil cable companies (aka Brighthouse for me) for internet only or do you use other services?

FYI, looking at Brighthouse Internet only is $57 per month (25mbs, $77 for 50mbs). Intro pricing for internet + standard TV is $79 ($104 for premier tv + 50 mbs). Might as well get TV at those rates. Are there other internet providers that offer internet only at lower prices?

You're gonna end up paying 50 bucks for Internet one way or another to stream tv.

Best bet is to bundle a basic tv service with Internet (basic tv for live news or football or whatnot) and supplement your viewing pleasures with streaming services.

Just bought a new house that uverse is available in. Switching from awful Comcast. Bill dropping from $190 to $120.

Last edited:
Just bought a new house that uverse is available in. Switching from awful Comcast. Bill dropping from $190 to $120.

I had Uverse in Nashville for three years, and it was a welcome change vs. Comcast. However, they will try and raise your rate every year. I had to make the annual "threaten to cancel" call, and they would eventually cave back to the "promo" rate. Also, their best internet still isn't as good as Comcast.

We moved to Hawaii in April and Uverse isn't an option here. I'm stuck with Time Warner, which isn't nearly as good as Uverse, but isn't as awful as Comcast.

I've used a number of different providers (direcTV, century link, and uverse) but I really think Comcast is still the best. I know if gets a horrible rep and the customer service is crap but the product for both TV and internet out performs any of the others I've tried. I really like the X1 box and while its still crap I have noticed a slight improvement in customer support.

I have both Uverse and Comcast available to me and switch back and forth based on who has the better deals. In many cases it is cheaper or same price to get both internet and TV (lowest channel selection) than just internet. And many times they run a deal to give me a $50 prepaid Visa to switch for a year.

And I use Fire TV with Kodi side loaded on it for watching TV shows and movies. I don't stream very much but have used it to stream as well. It does take some time to tinker and set up Kodi but the content available is amazing.

You're gonna end up paying 50 bucks for Internet one way or another to stream tv.

pfttt....Hack in to your neighbors wifi. It should be very easy. Chances are they are using their home phone number as a password.

I wonder how many passwords get changed tonight based on this joke:p

Reactions: Gonolz
And find some sucka, I mean awesome person, who will share their HBO and ESPN login info.

Just changed my phone over to my company paying for it and dude at ATT hooked us up. Told us to change account to Directv to my wife's name for 2 years. Got us premium package plus Sunday ticket for 2 years at 89 a month. Then after 2 years just change it back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT