ADVERTISEMENT

DC

noleswaback

Star Player
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2005
Panama City Fl
For all you wanting new DC Vic Fangio and Jim Levitt were released by 49ers. I'm a Niners Fan kinda surprised by both. 49ers Defense has been pretty decent considering offense sucked this year!

Go Noles

Originally posted by noleswaback:
For all you wanting new DC Vic Fangio and Jim Levitt were released by 49ers. I'm a Niners Fan kinda surprised by both. 49ers Defense has been pretty decent considering offense sucked this year!

Go Noles
I'd take Levitt as DC in a heartbeat. He put USF football on the map. He was at the helm for that 2009 USF team that came up to Tally and held Christian Ponder and Co. to 7 points, and that was because of a long punt return by Greg Reid. He had Jason Pierre-Paul and George Selvie on that team.

I just hope Levitt learned to keep his hands to himself.

We need NFL ideas for disguise and confusion....I wuld b more than happy bringing 1 of these guys aboard

Originally posted by nolepaul23:
Originally posted by noleswaback:

Go Noles
I'd take Levitt as DC in a heartbeat. He put USF football on the map. He was at the helm for that 2009 USF team that came up to Tally and held Christian Ponder and Co. to 7 points, and that was because of a long punt return by Greg Reid. He had Jason Pierre-Paul and George Selvie on that team.

I just hope Levitt learned to keep his hands to himself.
I would definitely want a defensive coach with Levitt's fire. Some players just need to be slapped and choked every now and then. I wish Kelly would have done some of that.

I would be good with hiring Levitt but I can see the NYT and others having a field day with it - "FSU gambles on a headcase coach to further prove it will do anything to win." Blah, blah, blah.

Fangio wasn't going to stay in San Fran unless he got the HC job or an established offensive guy got it. Would any DC stay when a position coach under him got the HC job? Fangio will get another NFL job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT