ADVERTISEMENT

Did FSU Softball and the women’s college World Series change the MLB

SpearMe9090

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2010
Good morning my Seminole family. First, I hope you are all well and much love. Second, this may be a tenuous connection but it’s a fun perspective so I thought I’d share. HOLD. ON. TIGHT.

As you’re all aware, Major League Baseball, beginning June 21, 2021 will initiate operation sticky wicket and will no longer allow the bean throwers to season the beans so to speak.

WHY!? Well there are countless good reasons including MLB is used either for meditation or to go to bed for me but you read the title!!!! I GOT A POSITION TO REPRESENT BAAAAAABY!

Not one pitcher has been penalized, fined, or removed from a game since 2015. Complete games and no hitters at an all time high. And if you’ve been watching, there is 0, ZERO. On field action. If it isn’t a ball it’s a strike, if it isn’t a strikeout it’s a home run.

Enter the women’s college World Series. I spoke with coaches, I spoke with friends, I spoke with friend coaches and coach friends, I spoke to them here, I spoke to them there.
I spoke to them on a plane I spoke to them on a train, I spoke to them with T-pain sitting on a window pane with my good friend Elaine and it’s is EWWWWWWWWNANIMOUS! Something about this women’s college World Series. Friends I played baseball with who categorically denounced softball their whole lives blowing my phone apart just to talk…… SOFTBALL!!!! I LOVE IT BABY!

I’m 6’2”, 225 of solid muscle (5’10” 209 and flabby) and I’ll say it. Softball is more entertaining than baseball. the small ball. The hit and run, pressuring opposing teams with base running, and overall diamond awareness was exciting. It was sexy {fans self} and it was fun.

the mlb saw it and said, WE HAVE TO GET RID OF, “THE STICKIEST!!!! OF THE ICKY.”
59697183.jpg

Ooooooo weeee! Now, the batting average is coming up, pitchers arms are exploding into space and it looks like we can finally stay awake for 9 innings. All thanks to softball.

to be fair, the first article, posted by the WASHINGTON POST came out March 24, 2021 but the implementation deadline has gone into hyperdrive coincidentally since the beginning of June.

hows that for a hot take!?!?!? Have a great day, fam!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News