ADVERTISEMENT

Direct TV experience

FSU&WFU Grad

Walk-on
Jun 1, 2003
I know this issue is discussed regularly, but am about to dump Time Warner CableTV and go to DirectTV. Is this is good move. It seems it will be cheaper in long run
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I dumped Comcrap years ago for DirecTV. Still have regular loss of reception when it rains (even a normal-type rain). It's a minor inconvenience I've learned to live with.

Had Directv since 1997. Think it is great. If you sign up give them my account number as a referral. You get $100 and so do I. Win win!

Account# 71401834

Had since 93. New HD dish much better with rain. App and dvr are pretty slick.

Great move. We may lose signal once or twice per year. And we live in Chicago. We got 24" of snow on SuperBowl Sunday and didn't lose signal

Originally posted by BelemNole:
Does direct have a sling type app like dish does where you can watch anything on you dvr from anywhere as long as you have internet?
No. But if you setup a VPN at your house, you can.

Originally posted by ericram:
Had Directv since 1997. Think it is great. If you sign up give them my account number as a referral. You get $100 and so do I. Win win!

Account# 71401834

Eric is mistaken, you should use MY account.
tongue.r191677.gif

I had DirecTV for 5 years, and loved it. I only switched to Dish when I moved and DirecTV wanted to charge me for a new install. I'm happy with Dish as well.

I've had DirecTV for several years. I love the programming and the setup. Loss of signal with them isn't as bad as it used to be. I've lost signal maybe once or twice in the last year but that was during really bad rain/thunderstorms.

Only thing I don't like about them is how your bill creeps back up after a while. That usually takes a phone call to customer retention to get it back down.

We've been with DirecTV since 2002. Used to have a lot of issues with loss of service during rainstorms. Now? Not so much. They have very good customer service. We just got new receivers and remotes, as well. They finally have a better DVR option.

I would recommend them.

DTV customer for 13 years, just gave me $20 off for next 12 months, loyalty credit. Do it!

Anyone with DirecTV that doesn't live in the woods and have issues during rainstorms.... call them up and have them come out to fix it. The difference between a good tech and bad one is astounding.

I have had it over 3 homes. The first house we maybe would lose satellite one time a year during a deluge. The second would go out if I walked by and farted. My current house is very solid and goes out only during the worst of storms. We just switch to something on the DVR in those rare instances.

I have switched back to comcast (And directly back to DirecTV within a couple months, it was a huge mistake) and I found that comcast went out more than DirecTV does. In the end they get the feed from satellite as well.

Regarding the quality it's hands down the best. Better than Dish (had them too) and Comcast is a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT