ADVERTISEMENT

Do women talk and listen from opposite sides of the brain?

Dr. Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
Listening to my wife and daughter have a “discussion”...there’s no breaks...both are talking at the same time yet somehow their is communication? I guess if you can do it it’s twice as efficient as the conversations I can do...where only one person speaks at a time?

Just them or do others have this skill?

Listening to my wife and daughter have a “discussion”...there’s no breaks...both are talking at the same time yet somehow their is communication? I guess if you can do it it’s twice as efficient as the conversations I can do...where only one person speaks at a time?

Visited wife's family in Huntsville and checked out the space museum. Had me in a Saturn V mood and I've been watching docs on the trip to the moon. Last one was focused on the guys at Mission Control, and one of the things mentioned was how at their switchboard they could connect to many different comm channels. The guy relaying this anecdote talked about how you'd learn to listen into five or six conversations at once to keep up with your own responsibilities.
I think it was this one:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm offended.

Reactions: goldmom
giphy.gif

Reactions: goldmom and nynole1
I don’t mean it as an insult FYI...it’s a skill I wish I had.

maybe they are mind-melded on some level.

In a similar vein...my wife can change subjects so abruptly. I guess this speaks to the female brain's ability to be processing so many different thoughts at once. I stay confused half the time lol

Reactions: Dr. Nole
My wife does this to me - starts talking over me when I'm in mid-sentence. It's caused a (minor) issue in our relationship.

My wife does this to me - starts talking over me when I'm in mid-sentence. It's caused a (minor) issue in our relationship.
oh yes.

Also...if a change the tv channel and the new channel is louder than the previous, she can blurt out a "it's too loud" before my finger can push the volume button down on the remote.

Reactions: osceola74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT