ADVERTISEMENT

Do you wear a T-shirt under your shirt?

I knew that I should not have opened this thread. 100% my fault.

Posters that I otherwise enjoy and respect having strong opinions about undershirts… Give me a break.

If I'm wearing a dress shirt I'll wear a V-Neck undershirt. What always perplexes me is the guys that wear undershirts underneath Dri-Fit polos. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of a Dri-fit? Being that I live in Florida, I want to stay as cool as possible and wearing an undershirt underneath a polo just doesn't make any sense to me. Now granted I'm not one who perspires much. I'd think that would just make you more hot and thus you'd sweat more with an undershirt underneath a Dr-Fit.

I bet the crew neck undershirt wearers wear socks like this...

More like
5ed3904cd65312700a83cc6606552cf4.jpg

Try to always where a v neck under dress shirts. Hate the crew neck look. Polos or other t shirts I don't wear an under shirt. That just looks ridiculous IMO.

Depends on the shirt and the occasion. It's about striking a balance between not looking like Ron Jeremy and not having a big white space at my collar. Polo shirts get no undershirt or a v-neck. If a button up has a wide open collar, but buttons up pretty high, I wear a crew neck.

I used to wear undershirts under normal tshirts because I felt like I didn't get as hot, but discontinued that practice around 2001.

I prefer crew neck style for comfort but always buy polos or dress shirts with high 2nd buttons. That way only a speck of the t-shirt can be seen. Light gray undershirts are less obvious if you prefer crew style.

Seinfield did a bit on shirt buttons, it was pretty funny.

Interesting so many view the visible undershirt so highly. I tend to look at it the other way. You guys really think the first two look better than the last one?

bad-example-business-casual-wearing-undershirt.jpg

ted-cruz-on-jay-leno-crew-neck-undershirt-showing-150x150.jpg

Nautica-Mens-Non-Iron-Deep-Ultramarine-Dress-Shirt-FINAL-SALE-97aab83a-6432-4a68-8aec-30a67fa534f9.jpg
I'm surprised so many people think that wearing an undershirt looks more "professional". If you are wearing a decent dress shirt that is sized properly you shouldn't need an undershirt to hide chest hair. Then again I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The amount of people I see in the professional world who have never heard of a collar stay or don't know how to iron a collar properly is amazing. Every place is different but from my experience having properly fitting clothes and being aware of current business fashion is helpful. As lame as it sounds, undershirts are not fashionable.

Reactions: MIKE_G
I wear colored crews often. Probably quite out of style. But I am a scientist. I can do what I want

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT