ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Fauci Keeps Warning, Maybe No Football This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear the Spear

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I've asked over and over for someone to explain to me. How are you going to keep 85 players in a bubble away from society? Is FSU going to take temperatures every day before practice? Daily testing of all coaches and staff before and after practices? I just don't know how you keep 85 people away from the student body or society. I mean has this been broken down how players will drink from different coolers and what not? Now imagine if 2 players have it but show no symptoms & they sit with other players in front the fans that keep the players cool.

What are we saying here? Example if FSU has 11 players test positive the week before we play WVU, does that mean? Obviously those 11 players that week can't play we just play the game short handed 11. But how long will they be disqualified if they test positive?

Has anyone at the school administration reached out to the state or Federal govt with a back up plan for a huge grant or financial bail out if the season is cancelled? I have a feeling if the season goes forward we're going to see a lot of walkons playing in 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/us/football-happen-fauci-spt-trnd/index.html

Last edited:
Reactions: flatskw88
Fauci =

02cf9c2736da1dddedf532159058445f.png

I don't listen to Dr. Fauci anymore, He has contradicted himself so many times. Recently he just came out and basically admitted they lied to the public when they said initially you do not need to wear a mask. beore telling everyone they need to wear a mask .He said they did it so that health care workers would have an ample supply of masks...Which is good but what about the entire public??

Hopefully we start to see a downtrend in numbers in Florida. The sheer number of new cases is alarming. Cases in Jax Beach have been gotten a lot of national attention. There is a story about a group of 15 friends that went to a bar in Jax Beach a couple of weeks ago and all 15 tested positive.

Reactions: Spearhead04
I've asked over and over for someone to explain to me. How are you going to keep 85 players in a bubble away from society? Is FSU going to take temperatures every day before practice? Daily testing of all coaches and staff before and after practices? I just don't know how you keep 85 people away from the student body or society. I mean has this been broken down how players will drink from different coolers and what not? Now imagine if 2 players have it but show no symptoms & they sit with other players in front the fans that keep the players cool.

What are we saying here? Example if FSU has 11 players test positive the week before we play WVU, does that mean? Obviously those 11 players that week can't play we just play the game short handed 11. But how long will they be disqualified if they test positive?

Has anyone at the school administration reached out to the state or Federal govt with a back up plan for a huge grant or financial bail out if the season is cancelled? I have a feeling if the season goes forward we're going to see a lot of walkons playing in 2020.

Dr Fauci also said at the start of this pandemic that this virus was not transmitted via an airborne exchange between two humans.
The man is a walking contradiction of facts.

I don't listen to Dr. Fauci anymore, He has contradicted himself so many times. Recently he just came out and basically admitted they lied to the public when they said initially you do not need to wear a mask. beore telling everyone they need to wear a mask .He said they did it so that health care workers would have an ample supply of masks...Which is good but what about the entire public??

Agree.

He has zero credibility to me anymore. He is nothing more than a pawn at this point.

Anti-science??? Like the science has been univocal?? The epidemiologists' science?? Like Ferguson?? Waiting for Bill Nye to give you the authoritative word, are you?

Reactions: Hogpynn
Babies are born everyday...... People die everyday..... This is what life is and will continue to be.... Sorry if that upsets some but it might be time to grow up and step out in the real world...... Football will be played and things will get back to normal after the election..... sadly, this chaos will be manipulated to the max until November...... Do yourself a favor and get away from the Media, Google and Facebook.... go get some sun at the beach, play golf, fishing, hiking or camping with the family... it won't hurt you or your family.... Live life!

So judging by his history we’ll have football then

Hopefully we start to see a downtrend in numbers in Florida. The sheer number of new cases is alarming. Cases in Jax Beach have been gotten a lot of national attention. There is a story about a group of 15 friends that went to a bar in Jax Beach a couple of weeks ago and all 15 tested positive.

And they were healthcare workers at Mayo. If health care workers aren’t taking it as seriously (based in interview in the NY Post article) how much worse is the general public in terms of doing very simple things such as mask wearing and social distancing? We shall see. Unfortunately we have been lied to on both sides of this issue.

From someone who works in patient care/ 3 hospital sites , Let’s just say I stopped wearing a mask weeks ago

As someone else that works in healthcare let’s just say I know 9 people that worked in healthcare around the country that have died of COVID-19 that were healthy and below the age of 40 as well as dozens more that have been hospitalized or hit COVId and are still sick and testing positive several months later. Oh yeah and a couple of them killed their grand mother’s too. Who’s antecdotal evidence is correct? Ask those 15 people from Mayo that are sick now if they wish they would have worn a mask when they put in public.

I can’t believe how much he is wrong and how often he changes his stance

there may never be a vaccine. Death rate with all testing is
Babies are born everyday...... People die everyday..... This is what life is and will continue to be.... Sorry if that upsets some but it might be time to grow up and step out in the real world...... Football will be played and things will get back to normal after the election..... sadly, this chaos will be manipulated to the max until November...... Do yourself a favor and get away from the Media, Google and Facebook.... go get some sun at the beach, play golf, fishing, hiking or camping with the family... it won't hurt you or your family.... Live life!

With all the testing, confirmed death rate in US is now below .05% and likely a lot lower For under 50, it is approximately close to zero percent. We may never have a workable vaccine. Seems like we need to get used to living with it best we can. Can’t see how living with new disease with a death rate that low means no in person school and no competitive sports. If that is the case, we have lost our collectively minds.

So judging by his history we’ll have football then

Just my opinion as always, I think that they should ask all the players along with their parents to come up with a plan. If the players and/or parents think that there is too much risk than just call off the season.... I am 100% ok with that.... More fishing, golf and time for me at the beach with my family.....

And only a couple had any symptoms. That’s the part I found amusing. They made a big deal that they all got it, but kind of glossed over the fact that only a couple or a few had “flu like symptoms”. People getting the virus isn’t an inherently bad thing. It’s elderly people getting it that’s the problem. Yes, I realize young people can have issues, or even die, but it’s extremely rare. All that being said I’m not super bullish on anything resembling a “normal” college football season.

But you listen to the politicians who say everything is fine ?
Versus the MSM - who tell you we’re all gonna die unless we stay home and watch the riots on TV and vote all six ballots that are mailed to us, then turn on ESPN to catch the highlight reel of the NY Giants 1959 team? YA Tittle, Frank Gifford and Sam Huff and the boys. Good times.

Dr Fauci also said at the start of this pandemic that this virus was not transmitted via an airborne exchange between two humans.
The scientists know a lot more about the virus today than they did in March. Research takes time and there is still a long way to go. We shouldn’t dismiss today’s findings just because they’re different from yesterday’s. This is an evolving situation. The scientists have no ulterior motive other than the hunt for truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Warchant User 55, post: 5129718, member: 960]

With all the testing, confirmed death rate in US is now below .05% and likely a lot lower For under 50, it is approximately close to zero percent. We may never have a workable vaccine. Seems like we need to get used to living with it best we can. Can’t see how living with new disease with a death rate that low means no in person school and no competitive sports. If that is the case, we have lost our collectively minds.[/QUOTE]

[There’s some pretty good evidence that certain segments of the country have already gone collective and are well down the road in losing their minds, but oh well...]

I question that story. I have had many people around me get the virus. Never did anyone of them get exposed and then have symptoms the next day. I'm throwing up the BS flag

I question that story. I have had many people around me get the virus. Never did anyone of them get exposed and then have symptoms the next day. I'm throwing up the BS flag
About a dozen of the Beach Bar/Restaurant places have closed for “deep cleaning” but I’m not sure all of them have confirmed cases. The staffs are all young beach type kids who think they’re too invincible to wear masks and so are their patrons.

Reactions: Hogpynn
Fauci doesn't have vote--he might have good points--but he doesn't say if they're playing or not.

With the money on the table--I think programs would rather play and lose (assuming positive tested players must sit)--than not play at all.

This.
He has no credibility in my mind.
The second spike associated with reopening will shut the door until fall 2021.
i have a funny feeling this thing will end on 11/4.

Not once did I mention anything about Trump, so stop trying to make this about politics....

I only mentioned Fauci because he has completely flip flopped on his stances multiple times over the past few weeks.

He is nothing more than a pawn.

But go ahead and be political all you want.
At this point we should be able to pack the stadium. Flu death rates now. We wear a goofy mask.

The people that say "let me live my life" are the reason we might have the season cancelled. A pandemic is not an individual problem. How individual people lead their lives has a profound affect on the community.. Because of groups like the group in Jacksonville Beach we could see a resurgence in the spread of the virus. This jeopardizes the upcoming football season. If people behave responsibly there is a greater likelihood we will get back to normal more quickly. I am not scared of getting sick. I am scared of someone that I love getting sick. I am also concerned that irresponsible behavior will lead to no football season

As someone else that works in healthcare let’s just say I know 9 people that worked in healthcare around the country that have died of COVID-19 that were healthy and below the age of 40 as well as dozens more that have been hospitalized or hit COVId and are still sick and testing positive several months later. Oh yeah and a couple of them killed their grand mother’s too. Who’s antecdotal evidence is correct? Ask those 15 people from Mayo that are sick now if they wish they would have worn a mask when they put in public.
So you know 9 people with a stat based chance of damn near 0% each that have died due to the virus? Interesting. And you say they were “healthy “. Are they your patients that you are doing detailed patient hx’s On?

Reactions: Deerfuel2
The people that say "let me live my life" are the reason we might have the season cancelled. A pandemic is not an individual problem. How individual people lead their lives has a profound affect on the community.. Because of groups like the group in Jacksonville Beach we could see a resurgence in the spread of the virus. This jeopardizes the upcoming football season. If people behave responsibly there is a greater likelihood we will get back to normal more quickly. I am not scared of getting sick. I am scared of someone that I love getting sick. I am also concerned that irresponsible behavior will lead to no football season
I don't know why you even bother trying anymore, but I give you an A for effort.

"I am also concerned that irresponsible behavior will lead to no football season"

hmmmm

It's really not that difficult. Treat the associated risks as you do everything else in life.

For instance:

-If you cross a busy street look both ways and wait until it is good to cross. If you don't then you run the risk of getting hit by a car.

-If the sun is out and you are likely to get burnt put on sunscreen. If you don't then you run the risk of getting burnt.

-If you want to be a respected football fan then you root for the Noles. If you don't then you run the risk of wearing jean shorts.

-If you don't want to catch Covid then you wash your hands; keep your distance; wash your hands; wear a mask; wash your hands....If you don't then then you run the risk of getting sick.

Point being, there are risks and consequences associated with decisions you make in life. You control the level of risk you are willing to take and if you want to put your self in harms way then you should simply be willing to suffer consequence.

at the beginning it was a new disease. Data changes as they learn more. The mask you wear protects other from you if you are an asymptotic carrier. Reason we will have another shut down is because Americans will not follow simple directions or listen to the WH. So when the season gets cancelled just remember if you are one not social distancing and covering your mouth now, you are a big part of the reason no fall football. If you live in Florida I’d start worrying about the increasing numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really not that difficult. Treat the associated risks as you do everything else in life.

For instance:

-If you cross a busy street look both ways and wait until it is good to cross. If you don't then you run the risk of getting hit by a car.

-If the sun is out and you are likely to get burnt put on sunscreen. If you don't then you run the risk of getting burnt.

-If you want to be a respected football fan then you root for the Noles. If you don't then you run the risk of wearing jean shorts.

-If you don't want to catch Covid then you wash your hands; keep your distance; wash your hands; wear a mask; wash your hands....If you don't then then you run the risk of getting sick.

Point being, there are risks and consequences associated with decisions you make in life. You control the level of risk you are willing to take and if you want to put your self in harms way then you should simply be willing to suffer consequence.
All sensible points...but remember some will say it's not you that they are worried about getting sick...it's who you infect by risking exposure. So basically the only solution is lock down...probably until mid November I imagine.

at the beginning it was a new disease. Data changes as they learn more. The mask you wear protects other from you if you are an asymptotic carrier. Reason we will have another shut down is because Americans will not follow simple directions or listen to a bumbler in chief in the WH. So when the season gets cancelled just remember if you are one not social distancing and covering your mouth now, you are a big part of the reason no fall football. If you live in Florida I’d start worrying about the increasing numbers.
The “Bumbler in Chief” ain’t a Doc and Fauci is. You and I PAY taxes to have well compensated scientists, not elected officials tell us what we need to do. Not change your advice and backtrack and revise it every week.
We have a spike in Florida because we are now testing on about every other street corner and we have 23 million people here. About 5% are testing positive now. Most are over 65. I live in Jax. One million people, about 2300 cases, 59 deaths, most in nursing homes. .00006 mortality rate.
Are you wearing YOUR mask everywhere, in YOUR state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT