ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Fauci Keeps Warning, Maybe No Football This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are also doing "group testing" of similar types and there has been a spike in agricultural work. There may be issues with the cooks in the kitchens as well. In any event, it is critical to get more data about why the spike happened. We all read the story about the bar in Jax Beach. As of now, the spike in Orange County is a mystery as Orange didn't have nearly the amount of infections from March when all the parks were open until March 13. But the past week has seen a jump. Was it the bars? The protests? The answers matter.

The WSJ did an in depth article yesterday about the most frequent ways of transfer. No shock. Close contact over a long period of time in an unventilated space. This explains issues in some kitchens and any area of food preparation. Very little chance of getting infected from surfaces. Much reduced risk being outside.

FSU had one infection. So far, UF has zero.

All sensible points...but remember some will say it's not you that they are worried about getting sick...it's who you infect by risking exposure. So basically the only solution is lock down...probably until mid November I imagine.

Understand, but disagree. How am I going to infect you if you are hunkered in your house? If you are not in your house and I infect you then we were engaging in some sort of activity that had some sort of risk associated with it. Minimize the risks but ultimately live with the consequence.

Understand, but disagree. How am I going to infect you if you are hunkered in your house? If you are not in your house and I infect you then we were engaging in some sort of activity that had some sort of risk associated with it. Minimize the risks but ultimately live with the consequence.
No, I agree with you. My point was to show how some want to make it so there is no 100% safe way for us to conduct our lives...except keeping the country in lock down mode. Basically they don't want us to have a choice in what we decide.

All sensible points...but remember some will say it's not you that they are worried about getting sick...it's who you infect by risking exposure. So basically the only solution is lock down...probably until mid November I imagine.
The lockdown was never intended to stop the spread of Covid19, but to slow its spread so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system. Reasonable precautions have been as effective in slowing the spread -- something even Neil Ferguson and his vision of a Covid19 apocalypse now admits -- without the devastating effects of a Ferguson lockdown.

It's really not that difficult. Treat the associated risks as you do everything else in life.

For instance:

-If you cross a busy street look both ways and wait until it is good to cross. If you don't then you run the risk of getting hit by a car.

-If the sun is out and you are likely to get burnt put on sunscreen. If you don't then you run the risk of getting burnt.

-If you want to be a respected football fan then you root for the Noles. If you don't then you run the risk of wearing jean shorts.

-If you don't want to catch Covid then you wash your hands; keep your distance; wash your hands; wear a mask; wash your hands....If you don't then then you run the risk of getting sick.

Point being, there are risks and consequences associated with decisions you make in life. You control the level of risk you are willing to take and if you want to put your self in harms way then you should simply be willing to suffer consequence.
Your risk goes up as other people get sick. This is anything but simple. This is more like being forced to cross the street while dodging traffic or being forced to go out in the bright sunshine without sun screen. If more and more people get sick everyone's risk goes up. If other people throw caution to the wind then your ability to do the few things you can like watch a sporting even on television is taken away. Not because of your behavior but because of other peoples.

Reactions: Spearhead04
I desperately want to prevent another lock down. However large gatherings inside, especially where alcohol is flowing is probably not a good idea. I think restaurants can function now at limited capacity but bars are probably a bad idea. What I am worried about is another lock down because of an increase in infections.

It's really not that difficult. Treat the associated risks as you do everything else in life.

For instance:

-If you cross a busy street look both ways and wait until it is good to cross. If you don't then you run the risk of getting hit by a car.

-If the sun is out and you are likely to get burnt put on sunscreen. If you don't then you run the risk of getting burnt.

-If you want to be a respected football fan then you root for the Noles. If you don't then you run the risk of wearing jean shorts.

-If you don't want to catch Covid then you wash your hands; keep your distance; wash your hands; wear a mask; wash your hands....If you don't then then you run the risk of getting sick.

Point being, there are risks and consequences associated with decisions you make in life. You control the level of risk you are willing to take and if you want to put your self in harms way then you should simply be willing to suffer consequence.
Point is “personal responsibility”

I desperately want to prevent another lock down. However large gatherings inside, especially where alcohol is flowing is probably not a good idea. I think restaurants can function now at limited capacity but bars are probably a bad idea. What I am worried about is another lock down because of an increase in infections.

We need to just let it roll how it will. No lockdowns.

Too much risk for older fans, until proven otherwise....

I sure don't want to see an intubation tube headed for me.....

Just my opinion as always, I think that they should ask all the players along with their parents to come up with a plan. If the players and/or parents think that there is too much risk than just call off the season.... I am 100% ok with that.... More fishing, golf and time for me at the beach with my family.....
I doubt we have one player that chooses not to play.

Reactions: 1clermontnole
1) fauci is a career govt beauraucrat. I cannot find any quotes attributed to him, but I believe he was wrong about thebHUV/AIDS virus as well. I also don't believe any of these scientists...I'd imagine they have royalties on drugs sold, etc. They also may have some need to have their ego stroked, and want attention.

2) if anyone is concerned to get sick, he/she needs to take every precaution necessary. If I don't wear a mask, that person still needs to take every precaution they feel necessary to be safe. It may mean that person doesn't leave their house. For football, church, etc.

3) lock downs occurred to flatten the curve to save the hospital system. Seems hospitals outside of NY/NJ have been in great shape to handle cases.

4) re college football... If football isn't played, college sports will be changed forever, and in a negative way. Season needs to happen.

1) fauci is a career govt beauraucrat. I cannot find any quotes attributed to him, but I believe he was wrong about thebHUV/AIDS virus as well. I also don't believe any of these scientists...I'd imagine they have royalties on drugs sold, etc. They also may have some need to have their ego stroked, and want attention.Today

2) if anyone is concerned to get sick, he/she needs to take every precaution necessary. If I don't wear a mask, that person still needs to take every precaution they feel necessary to be safe. It may mean that person doesn't leave their house. For football, church, etc.

3) lock downs occurred to flatten the curve to save the hospital system. Seems hospitals outside of NY/NJ have been in great shape to handle cases.

4) re college football... If football isn't played, college sports will be changed forever, and in a negative way. Season needs to happen.
1) fauci is a career govt beauraucrat. I cannot find any quotes attributed to him, but I believe he was wrong about thebHUV/AIDS virus as well. I also don't believe any of these scientists...I'd imagine they have royalties on drugs sold, etc. They also may have some need to have their ego stroked, and want attention.

Today 30 states had less than 10 people die from C19. How is that not positive news. By the time the season starts many days 40 states will not have a CoVid death in one day. This virus is fading away faster than I thought it would. Soon this will be over. And if they cancel football season that would be very sad and plain Ass wrong.

So you know 9 people with a stat based chance of damn near 0% each that have died due to the virus? Interesting. And you say they were “healthy “. Are they your patients that you are doing detailed patient hx’s On?

They were doctors, EMTs and nurses. Not patients of mine. I am not lying and if you go to CDC website you will see there is about 10,000 (which is about 7% of total deaths not 0% and healthcare workers that test positive have a 15% death rate) of people below the age of 40. I have shared this link multiple times but refuse to do so any longer because people should learn to fact check themselves. Based on your 0% number, Which is proven false by basic CDC tables I highly doubt you are a healthcare worker and are merely lying to try and prove your OPINION right (wich is pathetic and sociopathic). If you were in healthcare you would be familiar with CDC tables and you would have seen at least one patient at a between 3 hospitals hospitalized with severe symptoms (no matter where you live). 40% of hospitalizations are people below age 55. Many live but most will have permanent damage as their lung tissue hardens. If you really worked at 3 hospitals you would have seen one lung scan by now to know the damage that the virus can cause. I stated in my original post 9/10 people I know that have died were all in healthcare so obviously there is a higher exposure rate. Anywho, they were travelers I have met so spread out all around the country but mostly East Coast. Even in normal times you wear masks. It’s basic protocol for any infectious disease even the flu. You clearly are a liar.

They were doctors, EMTs and nurses. Not patients of mine. I am not lying and if you go to CDC website you will see there is about 10,000 (which is about 7% of total deaths not 0% and healthcare workers that test positive have a 15% death rate) of people below the age of 40. I have shared this link multiple times but refuse to do so any longer because people should learn to fact check themselves. Based on your 0% number, Which is proven false by basic CDC tables I highly doubt you are a healthcare worker and are merely lying to try and prove your OPINION right (wich is pathetic and sociopathic). If you were in healthcare you would be familiar with CDC tables and you would have seen at least one patient at a between 3 hospitals hospitalized with severe symptoms (no matter where you live). 40% of hospitalizations are people below age 55. Many live but most will have permanent damage as their lung tissue hardens. If you really worked at 3 hospitals you would have seen one lung scan by now to know the damage that the virus can cause. I stated in my original post 9/10 people I know that have died were all in healthcare so obviously there is a higher exposure rate. Anywho, they were travelers I have met so spread out all around the country but mostly East Coast. Even in normal times you wear masks. It’s basic protocol for any infectious disease even the flu. You clearly are a liar.
Hahahahaha. Where Do I even start. I have been in healthcare for 14 years. I literally got called in last night to do a lung scan on a Covid patient. I’m certified in nuclear medicine ,CAT scan etc. I recently took over EKG testing as well as on the picc line team, So you can say I’ve been all over the hospitals. I know zero about the statistics and could care less. The 0% death rate I posted was from a poster above. My views and standpoint solely come from my experience As well as my family members one of which is the head of respiratory at a major hospital in Orlando the other being lab techs and so on. Hell im Married to the head of the ultrasound department LOL. Stay in your lane tiny dancer

People can keep their heads buried in the sand but the hospital icu’s in Florida are starting to fill up. Thats reality.

And by the way what do you do? I’ve been as transparent as possible. With the way you have attacked me and as angry as you sound my guess is you are a nurse or a CNA Lol. And as far as cdc numbers I’m calling total bs. Hell i Recently did a brain flow on a patient who was in a car accident, tested positive for Covid and classified as a covid death so I’ve seen first hand the manipulation of these “accurate “ stats. And you’re getting on me about wearing a mask ? Being in healthcare yourself You realize the only true mask thst may have any protection at all is an N 95.

Reactions: Hogpynn
People can keep their heads buried in the sand but the hospital icu’s in Florida are starting to fill up. Thats reality.
Wrong. We have had less than 10 the entire time. As of now 9, 2 being on vents and they are both over 70

Maybe at your one hospital but as a whole hospitalizations in Florida are increasing.

My wife is a retired nurse (FSU ‘74) and said she didn’t trust Fauci from the first time she saw him on one of the briefings. She went through several meetings/presentations with the local health department on pandemics.

It is being reported that ICU beds in Florida are largely occupied at this time. I have seen no elaboration on what type of patient illnesses are warranting that level of care.

I worked in healthcare for years. Even in non pandemic times, ICU beds in the hospitals where I worked were occupied more than 75% of the time. The reasons are multiple and include staffing, triage and money.

Versus the MSM - who tell you we’re all gonna die unless we stay home and watch the riots on TV and vote all six ballots that are mailed to us, then turn on ESPN to catch the highlight reel of the NY Giants 1959 team? YA Tittle, Frank Gifford and Sam Huff and the boys. Good times.
I like you more all the time.

Reactions: goldmom
The rate of positive tests increasing suggest your assumption is false. If I was a betting man I’d say no fall football.

That is on average from the last few months but the avg over the last week is close to or exceeding 10%.

Last edited:
Look, spearhead may have some legit reasons for his/her concern. Maybe he/she is immuno-compromised, or has a close family that is.

Just respect where he/she is coming from, and don't insult.

See website below. Of the 12,862 TOTAL Floridians hospitalized from COVID-19, there are currently 472 actively using a bed. Florida has 45,429 beds and 4,768 ICU beds. These numbers do not scream crisis to me.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/florida_coronavirus_hospitalizations

Cases are going up at a MUCH higher rate than hospitalization and deaths regardless of what all the dooms day media outlets are telling you.

GO NOLES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT