ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles wanting Mariota ???

"According to an unnamed NFL personnel executive used in the NJ.com story, he said he would ask the Eagles for their first- and second-round draft pick this year, a 2016 first-round pick and running back LeSean McCoy. To me, Mariota is not worth that."

Are you kidding me? I would take that trade for Peyton Manning.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

I called this a couple weeks ago.. Someone arguing with me that Mariota would be a better pick than Jameis and I said the only way he could even succeed a little would be if chip traded up for him

Man I would love to see that happen...Chip Kelly would be done as a HC

Originally posted by RoosterNole:
Love the last sentence...
Thats the only place he has a chance to succeed. What I am worried about is Tampa acting like they want him because they know philly wants him and try to get some kind of a big trade and Jaboo ends up falling.

The Eagles desperately need defense, specifically CB, S & LB. If Chip,mortgages the draft for MM their game scores are going to be like 51-49. Not sure Chip cares about that because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He also won a power struggle with Howie Roseman in the front office so he will now have total control over the draft. I think Howie sits back and watches the inmate run the asylum and waits for Chip to screw this up royally, tells the owner I told you so and comes back into power with his own coach in 2 years. By that time the Eagles will have to rebuild from the ground up. Starting to remind me of when Spurrier went to DC.

McCoy lead the league last year in rushing and split carries this year with sproles but he is far from done. If they make this move and keep McCoy somehow , the Eagles will be hard to stop on offense. Theyre hard now with Napoleon dynamite and Mario Lopez at QB.

Originally posted by ShadyNole13:
"According to an unnamed NFL personnel executive used in the NJ.com story, he said he would ask the Eagles for their first- and second-round draft pick this year, a 2016 first-round pick and running back LeSean McCoy. To me, Mariota is not worth that."

Are you kidding me? I would take that trade for Peyton Manning.

I would hope he's not that stupid to not have leaned from the RGIII trade. You don't pay a kings ransom for a system QB.

If I'm Chip, and I really want MM, I'd gamble that TB takes Jameis and try and arrange that trade somewhere between 6-12th. Imo, the only wild card being Tennessee at #2.

There's no reason to give up picks for Mariota, he'll be available in 2 years after they see how terrible he is in the NFL.

Originally posted by noles756:
I called this a couple weeks ago.. Someone arguing with me that Mariota would be a better pick than Jameis and I said the only way he could even succeed a little would be if chip traded up for him

You must've missed where I called it before you, and someone else called it before me, and so on on the boards.
laugh.r191677.gif
It's not like going out on a limb or anything.

I cannot believe Mariota has everyone believing the hype. The guy is not that accurate at the college level and he is leaving early. As someone already stated Kelly and his system is the only chance this guy has of being a starting QB. Otherwise I think he is a career backup - maybe a number 3 QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT