ADVERTISEMENT

Early Season PGA Tour Thread

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
We don't kick off our FedEx Cup until January but the Tour has already begun the 2016 season. I'm kinda surprised by some in the field for the Frys.com Open. McIlroy said earlier that he always felt like he was playing catch up when he didn't start his PGA schedule until the spring. Some big names playing this week.

I imagine some of the guys trying to get a paycheck are asking why the heck some of those players are at the Frys as well

I saw where Justin Rose was playing in the Frys.

I imagine most big names won't play much at this time of the year. But the weather is better to play in. :)

So the Shriners was won by a guy named Smylie Kaufman. An American. Who??????????

My niece is really good friends with his girlfriend, they were roommates in college. She'd told my brother (her dad) that her roommate's boyfriend was a good golfer & she was trying to arrange for them to play one weekend when he was going up to visit them. He had no idea who the kid was & was just going to play because she wanted them to do so, but they couldn't work things out. Couple weeks later she tells him, "hey Smylie's really happy, he qualified to play in the US Open."

He hits it long & makes piles of birdies.

Thomas with a 26 under takes the tourney this week..
a tidy little 11 under during round 2 helped get the win o_O

11%20under_zpsuu4zolsr.png~original

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT