ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoyed the spring game, but . . .

hessian

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2003
it would have been much more enjoyable if the announcers had watched the game. They did fine the first quarter but after that it was private conversations while ignoring much of what the was going on on the field. Especially for a spring game with so many new numbers and walk-ons, it would have been nice if the announcers had identified the guys making the plays. It turned into a love fest and a football knowledge competition in the booth from about the 6 minute mark of the second quarter. The conversations and back and forth jokes should be saved for sports center or anything else other than during the game. I don't expect much from the spring game and I know it's practice, but I sure would have liked to have known who was doing what. They especially ignored Hockman and I had no idea who some of the running backs in the 4th quarter were.
Announcing aside, I was greatly impressed with Patrick and Akers. Ryan Green and Vickers also stood out at times and even the freshman Nabers had a good run. Too many receivers out to make a good judgement there, but Murray and Phillips had some nice moments. Izzo continues to impress. The defense looks to be everything we expected. Fun game, but the announcers failed utterly.

Reactions: Dr Sonny
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.