ADVERTISEMENT

Estate Sales

Another one listed in the same area has several signed jersey's, albums and guitars up for sale. Paul McCartney, Carlos Santana.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
sweet
1.jpg

Reactions: BelemNole
What is the maker and age?

Martin and a four digit serial number. The best part is that all of my saxes are pretty beat from Chiefs and travel and this antique is in PERFECT working order. So perfect I would have said it was recently overhauled EXCEPT I found stuck up in the bell old dried out condoms from the 30s or 40s. So it likely just sat undisturbed for QUITE some time, yet the pads are somehow in amazing condition. The springs are perfect. The ONLY complaint is that the cork on the neck is a little dried out. But if not for the dried cork and the ancient condoms lodged in the bell I would have said it HAD to be overhauled in the last year.

So yeah, perfectly working antique silver sax for about half the cost of a new %+%* student model. And yes I'm playing with it and not planning on reselling.

Martin and a four digit serial number. The best part is that all of my saxes are pretty beat from Chiefs and travel and this antique is in PERFECT working order. So perfect I would have said it was recently overhauled EXCEPT I found stuck up in the bell old dried out condoms from the 30s or 40s. So it likely just sat undisturbed for QUITE some time, yet the pads are somehow in amazing condition. The springs are perfect. The ONLY complaint is that the cork on the neck is a little dried out. But if not for the dried cork and the ancient condoms lodged in the bell I would have said it HAD to be overhauled in the last year.

So yeah, perfectly working antique silver sax for about half the cost of a new %+%* student model. And yes I'm playing with it and not planning on reselling.
Wait, wait wait! Did you say condoms? Used condoms?

That guy was probably wondering until the day he died "Where the hell did I put those condoms?"

Could be why he married and settled down rather than continuing his swinging sax style life. I bought it at the estate sale of a former Publix president or VP in Dade City and he clearly had lots of rugrats and grandrugrats.

That sounds like a great find. I sold my old Selmer Mark VI for $3500 that's now selling for over $7000... I can't believe I sold my old sax. Still gets me down, but at the time I needed the money.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I am not a Vette person. I prefer to step up in a vehicle.
I have to agree, but for some that is a great ride. We had neighbors when I was a kid who had a '67. My older brother drove it for them to keep the battery charged, blow out the carbon, etc...when they were gone for months at a time. I was his wing man and it was a blast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT