ADVERTISEMENT

Ex Nole getting a raw deal it appears

HJAX

Walk-on
Gold Member
Feb 29, 2008
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...stood-up-for-afghan-rape-victim/?intcmp=hpbt1

Martland grew up south of Boston, in Milton, Mass. An all-state football player in high school, he set his sights on playing college football after graduating in 2001. Martland went for the Florida State University team, which just finished a season ranked #4 in the nation.

He made the team, impressing legendary head coach Bobby Bowdon and famed defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews. Still, he often remained on the sidelines. When Pat Tillman, a former NFL football player who volunteered for the Army Rangers, was killed in Afghanistan in 2004, he saw Tillman's sacrifice as motivation to apply for another elite program. Martland dropped out of college and graduated in 2006 from Special Forces Qualification Course, one of the U.S. military's toughest training programs. Over the years he became a jumpmaster, combat diver and sniper.

Ok, hold up and let's explain something concerning the Army. I currently serve as a civilian on the admin side and in a Criminal Investigation unit on the Reserve side. I also played with him at FSU after transferring from Auburn. Whatever happened in Afghanistan someone with a command role reprimanded him. From what I gather that's as far as it went. Now on the the involuntary seperation. That is an effect of the Obama administration and the draw dawn. Soldiers with negative actions, poor evals, numerous pt failures, not progressing their careers to the next rank are put in front of these boards to separate. They start at the highest ranks and move down to cull the herd. The reason being is the Army has step increases according to grade and years served and it's less expensive to pay a new E7 who has been in 7-10 years then one that has been in 20. So while he was separated for his conduct in Afghanistan techically, it is because of the draw down. Now we have had agents in CID that had a bad review from an officer and were selected for seperation and you can fight it exactly the way he is. But the article is slanting this story under false pretenses

This is a biased article. People get dismissed from the military all the time for all kinds of reasons. Because this guy has in it is head that he got pushed out because he beat up some dude is his side. I'm sure the military has it's side. Very over the top article.

Unless he did something really bad when he confronted the afghan, which it doesn't seem he did since it doesn't mention him receiving an article 15 he should be fine and win his appeal.

This more than anything is a result of just big army setting criteria to separate and him just being a soldier that had one of the criteria. He can appeal and get an exception to policy and not be separated.

Ok, hold up and let's explain something concerning the Army. I currently serve as a civilian on the admin side and in a Criminal Investigation unit on the Reserve side. I also played with him at FSU after transferring from Auburn. Whatever happened in Afghanistan someone with a command role reprimanded him. From what I gather that's as far as it went. Now on the the involuntary seperation. That is an effect of the Obama administration and the draw dawn. Soldiers with negative actions, poor evals, numerous pt failures, not progressing their careers to the next rank are put in front of these boards to separate. They start at the highest ranks and move down to cull the herd. The reason being is the Army has step increases according to grade and years served and it's less expensive to pay a new E7 who has been in 7-10 years then one that has been in 20. So while he was separated for his conduct in Afghanistan techically, it is because of the draw down. Now we have had agents in CID that had a bad review from an officer and were selected for seperation and you can fight it exactly the way he is. But the article is slanting this story under false pretenses

Thank you! I was about to post a similar response. Very biased article that combines two totally different situations into one.

If he gets kicked out because of that we should just leave that area and let the sub human's play with the animals. The only problem I have is that then there would be NOBODY to protect those that really need and want it. We have cowards in charge from the top on down. NOBODY respects us, nobody fears us and it shows..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT