ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Photos: Some work done over the weekend to repair Dick Howser Stadium damage

CurtWeiler

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
If you follow the Florida State baseball program at all, you probably saw the damage that a tornado in the area did to FSU's Dick Howser Stadium Friday morning. The right-field chainlink fence was torn and bent backwards as was the foul pole down the right-field line.

Not sure when it happened over the weekend but there's already been some work done on Howser. I traveled out there today to see what things look like. All the upper part of the tall right-field fence and the foul pole have been totally removed. Also removed was the Dick Howser Stadium sign beneath the scoreboard that was partially ripped off during the storm.

Still no official word from FSU if it will be able to host the scheduled regular-season finale series vs. Georgia Tech Thursday through Saturday as scheduled. We'll share info once we have it. However, it does bear mentioning that the infield was covered with a tarp while I was there to protect it from rain. That, to me at least, speaks of at least some hope that Howser can host this weekend's games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News