ADVERTISEMENT

Fish bits 7-13-2024

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
I will be out of pocket for the next few days. Recruiting has slowed a bit. Daylan McCutcheon is going to pull the trigger and this one came down to FSU vs. USC. It looks like the Trojans will be his likely destination. After a hot start to the summer recruiting the last couple of weeks have put a damper on things. I put a prediction this morning for the Trojans. Pat and I believe Nick like FSU in this race. Things are fluid in these situations and I rather be wrong and FSU get their 2nd receiver in this class.

WR recruiting - After pulling in a ton of receivers in last year’s class and landing CJ Wiley that FSU is still in a position of strength. They are looking at Kaliq Lockett from Texas. They are still recruiting Vernell Brown from Orlando Jones, Dallas Wilson from Tampa Bay Tech (Oregon Commit), Malik Clark (Rock Hill HS-South Carolina). I could see them going after Naeshaun Montgomery from Miami Central who performed well at camps this off-season. Joshua Moore while committed to UF will still be recruited hard. Any player committed to UF right now is flimsy at best. Landing Wiley was huge as it allows FSU to pick and choose who to go after. I am not concerned at this point.

OT- Josh Petty - Still hearing good news on the Petty front. Landing Petty gives FSU three legit lineman. Petty is a tackle prospect and a good one. He is one of the top targets left on FSU board. I am close to putting a future cast in for Petty.

DE-Jared Smith - It looks like Smith is leaning towards Auburn. This is a bit disappointing as now both Smith and Grady look to be off the table. Part of the reason FSU passed on Nick Clayton is that one of Smith or Grady was expected in the class. I would not be shocked to see FSU go after Clayton again. I am a big fan of Clayton and felt FSU should have taken his commitment to start with. You can always go after Grady and see if you can flip him from Ohio State.

DT- with Myron Charles and Kevin Wynn committed FSU is in great position with DT's. I still expect them to go after Jalen Wiggins and Jeremiah McCloud. Former FSU recruit Jarquez Carter from Newberry in Gainesville is most likely going to end up in Ohio State class. FSU is still recruiting Justus Terry. May as well take a shot and see what happens. Terry is the top DT target on the board.

LB-FSU has Ethan Pritchard committed. I would expect them to continue to recruit Tavion Wallace. Been told that there is still communications going between FSU and Wallace. This is one of those situations that you have to see how the 2024 season goes. My prediction is that Wallace comes around and chooses FSU in the end. TJ Alford - All I can tell you is FSU has someone in their corner with TJ. My source close to TJ has told me that he feels FSU has a very good shot at flipping him. TY Jackson is supposed to take an official to FSU in November. His mother went to FSU. Their family is an FSU family. I still feel like FSU will pull in at least one more LB recruit if not two.....This is a marathon not a sprint.

RB-Ousmane Kromah is going to commit before the season. As we have stated for a while now, Kromah is down to UGA and FSU. AU could slip in there but they already have a commitment from Alvin Henderson. Kromah is a big time target for FSU. If he pulls the trigger for UGA that pretty much means Byron Louis ends up in FSU class. I still feel confident that Louis ends up in FSU class if Kromah picks the Noles. FSU could sign two studs this year at RB.

DB- Over the past couple of seasons FSU has done well with DB recruiting. Jaboree Antoine from Louisiana is down to FSU and Miami. It looked like the Hurricanes had the momentum but now FSU may have taken the lead. He would be another great addition to FSU class. FSU is recruiting Ben Hanks but we expect him to choose either Miami or UF. Onis Konanbanny is down to FSU and Tennessee. Keep an eye on his recruitment. I like where FSU sits with Bryce Fitzgerald. I almost put a future cast in for FSU. Columbus is a Miami school but this one right now is FSU/UF. Ladarian Clardy is another prospect FSU has a shot at. He is looking at Ole Miss and FSU. The odds are FSU lands one of these guys at some point.

Final Thoughts: Recruiting has changed...that being said I feel that if Seminoles fans are patient this class will end up with around 19-20 very good players. With their average ranking being amongst the best this class can still end up in the top 10. Just have to ride this thing out. UF and Arkansas success or failures on the field this year will have a major impact on FSU class.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News