ADVERTISEMENT

Fog Lights

GeddyLee09

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2005
Lately I've noticed a lot of cars driving with fog lights on, especially during the day in clear weather. It seems newer cars are sold with fog lights but without turn signals as more people use fog lights than directionals. This morning at 6am on a 10 mile drive I counted over 30 cars with fog lights on. Keep in mind it was clear, no fog or rain or any other weather issues. Why use them? Are they on auto on some vehicles? It's like turning on your wipers when there is no rain.

Lately I've noticed a lot of cars driving with fog lights on, especially during the day in clear weather. It seems newer cars are sold with fog lights but without turn signals as more people use fog lights than directionals. This morning at 6am on a 10 mile drive I counted over 30 cars with fog lights on. Keep in mind it was clear, no fog or rain or any other weather issues. Why use them? Are they on auto on some vehicles? It's like turning on your wipers when there is no rain.
Would fog lights turn on when using the automatic light function?

Clueless Americans. I blame it on 90's BMWs and Ford Explorers.
They don't add illumination down the road that you low beams are already illuminated. They are low mounted, short range lights to cut under dense fog and not reflect back into the driver's eyes. That's why they won't come on with high beams.

I turn mine on, they are manual, my 2500 at night as I live in a semi rural area & it gives me a wider field of view while not using my high beams.

I only use mine at night. I just noticed the original post said during the day lol. I think people turn them on without realizing it.

I only use mine at night. I just noticed the original post said during the day lol. I think people turn them on without realizing it.
I really think it's that they think it helps. Or its the sunglasses indoors or at night thing, they think it looks cool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT