ADVERTISEMENT

Foods you can’t leave alone

My doctor tells me I’m “not” a fan and put me on Lipitor to prove it!
I’ve been on Crestor for 15 years.
I don’t smoke
I rarely have an adult beverage
I eat enough fresh veggies for myself and at least three adults
I have fried shrimp maybe four times a year and no other fried foods.
Lots of chicken and fish
I hit Planet Fitness 4-5 days a week. I’m not fat
Sometimes you have to break the rules and go for it!

Reactions: MagNoleA
I’ve been on Crestor for 15 years.
I don’t smoke
I rarely have an adult beverage
I eat enough fresh veggies for myself and at least three adults
I have fried shrimp maybe four times a year and no other fried foods.
Lots of chicken and fish
I hit Planet Fitness 4-5 days a week. I’m not fat
Sometimes you have to break the rules and go for it!
Well do tell. But did you remember to bring the cauuuulktail sticks?
Gordon
P.S. Do you consider a Shirley Temple with a Jane Withers chaser an adult beverage? Asking for a friend. :)

My doctor tells me I’m “not” a fan and put me on Lipitor to prove it!

Spread your eating out. You'll get ripped.

Sometimes, I'll eat a large pizza for dinner with blue cheese dressing on the crust. It's probably 4,000 calories. I'm 5'11, 191 pounds.

Then I won't eat until 2 P.M. the next day. 2 meals a day are enough.

Of course, ask your doctor. :)

Just cant do the hummus or guacamole. Looks like something out of a babies diaper. I do like a good salsa though. I'm 6-3 230 if I don't strictly control my diet I easily become 275 which doesn't do well for a guy in his 50's who doesn't like taking cholesterol or blood pressure meds.

Just cant do the hummus or guacamole. Looks like something out of a babies diaper. I do like a good salsa though. I'm 6-3 230 if I don't strictly control my diet I easily become 275 which doesn't do well for a guy in his 50's who doesn't like taking cholesterol or blood pressure meds.
I'm with you on the hummus but I love a good guac. There's a chain restaurant here called Cantina Loredo which makes it table side. We will stop in just for it and a margarita..

Any dips, mostly salsa, guac, french onion, etc.

Lately I struggle to stop eating Bucees cinnamon beaver nuggets, on the rare occasion they're in the pantry.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I am sucker for table-side preparation. One of my favorite local restaurants does table-side preparation of Caesar Salad, Shrimp Louie Salad, and Steak Tartare; and I have to order at least one each time.

We go through a lot of hummus in my house. My local bakery makes about half a dozen different varieties in-house, and they are all so good. I also love baba ganoush as a dip.
I’m also a fan of table-side preparation. Back in the 80’s (boy, am I old) when I regularly went to Tampa for business there was a restaurant by the airport that prepared Caesar Salad at your table. Don’t see that anymore!

Geddy, hurry and update your life insurance policy!

I have been on a big pickle kick recently. I have at least six different kinds of pickles in the refrigerator right now, and a couple of bags of pickle potato chips and nuts in the pantry.

Hands down, the best pickles I’ve had are from Louie’s Pickles in Bumblef*^k Alabama. It is well worth ordering several varieties including the hot green tomato pickles (my personal favorite but all of the cuke pickles are great as well whether sour dill or sweet bread and butter).

The best pickles you can easily find in a grocery store are Grillo’s. But Louie’s easily eclipses them.

Likes bacon, you can cook a pound at a time and when your done frying it up the plate will have only a half pound on it

Nobody can walk by and not indulge!

Deviled Eggs, French Onion Dip, Mortadella, Croissants, Olives, 18 month or older Gouda Cheese, Tonnato Sauce with or without tomato

Geddy, hurry and update your life insurance policy!
I'm good. I've been this size since I was a senior in high school. I'm just not one of those that can eat a family size bag of UTZ and not gain weight so I have to watch what I eat and exercise.

Reactions: overthemoon
That sucks. I am sorry that you have to deal with that. I know that I am extremely privileged with regard to my health.
Sucks how? Trust me I'm not over weight or the least bit fat. However, I'm not dumb in regard to body type and health. I see people with health issues and have seen family members die from poor health. Luckily that's not me. I'm extremely fortunate to have good genetics and a healthy lifestyle so I can not be at the doctor or hospital all the time. I go once a year for a checkup and that's it. Other mechanical injuries when I was young was of my own doing or one or two others. Thanks though!

Real legit southern fried chicken (dark meat please), with cole slaw and biscuits.
Perfectly grilled ribeye with sweet potato and asparagus or salad.
Noodle kugel. Lots and lots of noodle kugel.
Legit apfelstrudel and sachertorte and tres leches cake. Almond horns dipped in dark chocolate.

Real legit southern fried chicken (dark meat please), with cole slaw and biscuits.
Perfectly grilled ribeye with sweet potato and asparagus or salad.
Noodle kugel. Lots and lots of noodle kugel.
Legit apfelstrudel and sachertorte and tres leches cake. Almond horns dipped in dark chocolate.
I brought a apfelstrudel back from Vienna last Christmas. I kept them in a Yeti bag on the flight. I managed to get one through customs by sacrificing the other one.

I brought a apfelstrudel back from Vienna last Christmas. I kept them in a Yeti bag on the flight. I managed to get one through customs by sacrificing the other one.
Gotta do what you gotta do.
With or without the vanilla sauce?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT