ADVERTISEMENT

Foreign fast food restaurants you wish were in Mericuh

Imtotallynottribe

Seminole Insider
Apr 6, 2018
http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=h...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

I would add two to the above list.

The first is Harry De Wheels from Sydney Australia. It has by far the best “British” meat pie I’ve ever had in the form of the “tiger pie” which is a beef pie topped with layers of mashed potato and mushy peas and then topped with gravy. It is absolutely fantastic.

https://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/

harry-s-cafe-de-wheels.jpg

Second would be Herman Ze German in London which has the best currywurst I’ve had anywhere and the location I went to is within easy walking distance of the majority of West End theatres. Plus it has an awesomely phallic logo.

http://www.hermanzegerman.com/

image.jpg

images

Last edited:
Reactions: cfbfan23

Looks like a plate of hurl.

It is amazing. Especially if you like good quality mashed and gravy. And it’s miles better than anything I’ve got equivalent in England, Scotland, Wales etc... Australia and New Zealand do “British food” better than the actual Brits because they use actual good quality and fresh ingredients rather than old %*%*. And this is the best of the Australian varieties.

The first is Harry De Wheels from Sydney Australia. It has by far the best “British” meat pie I’ve ever had in the form of the “tiger pie” which is a beef pie topped with layers of mashed potato and mushy peas and then topped with gravy. It is absolutely fantastic.

https://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/

Nobody does meat pies better than the Aussies. Probably my favorite drunk food and hangover food. If you're in Boston, CuppaCoffee has great meat pies....sorry no potatoes or peas. Located near the TD Garden. Their coffee and a mince meat pie blows away any Dunkin Donuts.

Around Atlanta, the Australian Bakery (in Marietta) makes a pretty good meat pie.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Any one of about a zillion udon chains in Tokyo. I love punching your order in at a little “jukebox” type of deal by the front door and then handing the ticket to the waitstaff. Ramen is great, but I prefer udon.

Also, would love to have the West Cornwall Pasty company here, as well as Nordsee (a German seafood chain, but well beyond the Long John Silver type of food).

I’ve never eaten in a foreign fast food restaurant so I have no clue what’s out there.

Same.

Although, I've always been interested in trying some of the international menu items in fast food places like McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, etc. Good or not, it would be cool if some of those foods were actually available in America for a short time every year.

Same.

Although, I've always been interested in trying some of the international menu items in fast food places like McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, etc. Good or not, it would be cool if some of those foods were actually available in America for a short time every year.
One of the worst dining experiences I had was ordering from a Pizza Hut at the airport in Cyprus. I thought pizza was a pretty safe bet while waiting for our flight out of there. I got the pizza, grabbed a piece, and bit in - it was then that I realize that they used goat cheese on their pizza, which was a LOT stronger than the mozzarella-blend cheese I was expecting to taste. I normally don't mind goat cheese, but in much smaller increments. A whole mouthful was more than I wanted, and I wasn't as hungry after that.

Reactions: riseboi
Any one of about a zillion udon chains in Tokyo. I love punching your order in at a little “jukebox” type of deal by the front door and then handing the ticket to the waitstaff. Ramen is great, but I prefer udon.

Also, would love to have the West Cornwall Pasty company here, as well as Nordsee (a German seafood chain, but well beyond the Long John Silver type of food).

I agree with you about Udon versus Ramen. I’d also add in soba as a preference as well.

Reactions: EconSean
Nobody does meat pies better than the Aussies. Probably my favorite drunk food and hangover food. If you're in Boston, CuppaCoffee has great meat pies....sorry no potatoes or peas.
Around Atlanta, the Australian Bakery (in Marietta) makes a pretty good meat pie.

la-isla-papa-rellena.jpg

You should check these out, just add hot sauces. Mom called them the Cuban version of Shepherd's Pie.

I didn't read the article, but ever since eating at Nando's in South Africa I've really wanted one here. There's apparently a few up around Maryland last I checked, but nothing else.

I'm sure those items are tasty, but they don't really look appetizing.

I'll submit these places from a country better known for it's food (Italy):
autogrill-pic-600w.jpg

2016-02-19T170456Z_1_MTZSPDEC2JT0S3CH_RTRFIPP_4_TRAVEL-ITALY-AUTOGRILL-ROAD-FOOD-RECIPE.jpg

2522_0.jpg

italian-fast-food-autogrill-4-1.jpg

autogrill_dinner_spread_flickr.jpg

And if you don't like the delicious Italian food they also cater to the American pallet:
il-peggior-burger-king.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT