ADVERTISEMENT

Forget Eagles...Timbalake just outshined the game

JT is the man. Crazy he’s pushing 40, if not already 40.

Was really impressed with how the people on the field watching knew exactly when to move and danced in unison as if it were choreographed.... amazing!

He did a great job. What the heck was he wearing though. Looks like some kind of awful outdoors art-inspired clothing line from Walmart.

Yeah, I was wondering what the hell was up with that shirt.

I thought it was okay. Spent most of it explaining that he was Branch. Then he busted out "I got this feeling" and my kids went crazy.

Reactions: cmanole
Exactly. I’m not a fan of pop music in general and hate most of his contemporaries in the genre. But JT and Bruno Mars have such an amazing level of talent it transcends my general hatred of the music style and I love them both.

JT seems to have the Midas touch and is incredibly talented. Rich, sing/dance, owns a baskeball team, actor, smoking hot wife. Net worth @ 250 million. Oh, and he seems to have a great sense of humor.

I say the same pretty much every year. If I don’t like the music, I don’t enjoy the performance. I’m not into choreography, just like seeing a good band performing good songs. Timberlake did a solid job, but I’d be exaggerating if I said I enjoyed it.

Reactions: NoleLizards
27459651_1193062847491260_999669268492920803_n.jpg

Not a fan but I had a very hard time hearing JT with all that going on. At the end you could hear him a little bit better but only in small stretches before they would drown him out again. I thought having one artist works much better then putting two different ones together like they have done in the past.

Reactions: bigmamanole
I think the last time the Eagles and Patriots played in the Super Bowl, that halftime was much better.

BTW, it was Paul McCartney in Jax.

I think the halftime show needs to be scrapped and just stick to the game. Do they do this at the UEFA Champions league final or World Cup halftimes? Its always rubbed me wrong... most Americans love pop-culture so I doubt it will change. Maybe they can do a Kardashians halftime some time?

For me, it was a letdown. I pretty much don't know any music from anyone post 1990 or so, the only Justin Timberlake song I've ever heard is Dick in the Box, and he didn't sing that.

I get that I'm not going to recognize any music, but what I hope to see is crazy spectacle...I enjoyed the Black Eyed Peas and Katy Perry a lot...I want to see crazy over the top nonsense and weird guest appearances.

So without that, it was really boring, just a mini Justin Timberlake concert/video. And I'm sure Timberlake is great, but while I don't listen to modern pop music, I can hear the Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars and even Black Eyed Peas music and at least "get it", why it's fun or exiting music or whatever. But hearing those Justin Timberlake songs...they didn't resonate with me at all...they all kind of sounded the same and droning/boring.

It appears that people who like Justin Timberlake really loved it, so that's cool. It was for them, and I'm glad he apparently delivered, moreso than previous acts may have delivered for their fans. It just didn't have that crossover appeal some of the other pop acts have had.

I do think he's a talented guy, but I think it's a bit overblown. Maybe not in today's era, but when I hear about people talking about how multi-talented he is, I like to think of the performers from the 40s-60s, when you almost had to be a triple (or more) threat just to break through. It's not so much a slam on Timberlake at all, who seems to be a great dancer, and is at least minimally competent at acting, comedy etc.

But it's only remarkable in the context of today. But I think about a guy like Jackie Gleason, who wasn't just a tremendous comic actor, but could dance, sing like an angel, write, host, etc. Jerry Lewis, the Rat Pack guys, people like Doris Day, etc. Timberlake is mostly special as a reminder that the entertainment industry has changed a lot.

Reactions: F4Gary
I think the halftime show needs to be scrapped and just stick to the game. Do they do this at the UEFA Champions league final or World Cup halftimes? Its always rubbed me wrong... most Americans love pop-culture so I doubt it will change. Maybe they can do a Kardashians halftime some time?
I miss Up With People:

Nothing...nobody, over produced, sound was in and out...IMO too much production and fluff and not enough entertainment.

Dude sang non stop for 15 minutes while dancing and jogging around. Not sure how much more entertainment your crowd needs. I mean, did you want him to light himself on fire and cruise around the stadium in a jet pack charming snakes and wrestling alligators? What?

Last edited:
I enjoyed it. Thought it was cool how they lit the city purple with the giant Prince sign around the stadium.

For the people who didn't like the show, what performer or theatrics would have made it entertaining for you? I'm far from a JT fan but thought the show was good.

Can't speak for others, but I simply find his brand of "dance pop" boringly repetitive. He even took an upbeat Prince song and turned it into a depressing piano ballad.

For me, it was a letdown. I pretty much don't know any music from anyone post 1990 or so, the only Justin Timberlake song I've ever heard is Dick in the Box, and he didn't sing that.

I get that I'm not going to recognize any music, .............

Wanna know how I know you are old? :)

Reactions: cmanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT