DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
Wow. Way too young.

Former pitcher Hanson passes away at 29

Right-hander played for Braves from 2009-2012, for Angels in 2013

ATLANTA -- Many members of the baseball world are understandably reacting to Tommy Hanson's premature death with shock and sadness. The former Major Leaguer, who pitched for the Braves and Angels, was just 29.

A Braves representative confirmed that some of Hanson's former teammates were near Hanson when he passed away at Atlanta's Piedmont Hospital late Monday night.

"Devastated" was the simple and fitting response one of Hanson's closest friends provided as he attempted to deal with the grief early Tuesday morning. This seemed to be a common sentiment among the many who had the pleasure of knowing the big redheaded right-hander, who possessed a bushy beard and a kind heart.

Among those expressing their sorrow was Andrelton Simmons, who tweeted "Very sad to hear about Tommy Hanson. Wish his family and close friends a lot of strength. He was a really nice dude. :/"

Also taking to Twitter was Oakland's Josh Reddick, who wrote, "Thoughts and prayers to the family of Tommy Hanson. Great guy and competitor. RIP"

Hanson established himself as baseball's top pitching prospect after he dominated the 2008 Arizona Fall League. He made his much-anticipated Major League debut the following June and ended his first month at the big league level by winning four consecutive starts, including two straight against the Yankees and Red Sox at Turner Field.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/156913710/tommy-hanson-passes-away-at-29

I saw this, this morning. His major organs just shut down? Sounds like antifreeze or something like that. When my son passed, this happened to him (major organs shutting down), basically, after he stopped breathing for a long period of time and was brought back, so I wonder if being in a coma caused the major organs to seize. This is not normal for a 29 year old, so i bet it's either poisoning or an OD.

I remember, reading here on Warchant, that many Braves fans thought he was the next great Braves hurler.

That would make sense, because my son had the same symptoms, from the coma to massive organ shutdown, my son's wasn't accidental so it will be interesting to see the toxicology report, and my son passed on Sept. 14th and we are still awaiting that report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT