ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer FSU adds Micah Bledsoe as goalkeepers coach

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU sports information:

Head women's soccer coach Brian Pensky announced the addition of assistant coach Micah Bledsoe on Wednesday afternoon. Bledsoe will work primarily with the Seminoles' goalkeepers.

"We are excited to have Micah join our staff as a goalkeeper coach. He and his wife Ella will seamlessly fit into our environment and culture," Pensky said. "Micah has played the game at a high level and has now done so as a coach at Lipscomb. The first recommendation text I received on Micah's behalf was from his older sister Aubrey, who has been the starting goalkeeper at the Washington Spirit since 2018, so goalkeeping is in his family's blood. He's a grinder and has had to work for everything he's ever gotten, and that's how we view our program. There's no doubt that Micah will help all of our players continue to develop on and off the field."

Bledsoe comes to Tallahassee after a three-year stint with Lipscomb's men's team in Nashville, Tennessee. Bledsoe helped the Bison to three consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances and was a part of three consecutive ASUN Regular Season and Tournament Championships. Bledsoe was key in the development of 2022 ASUN Goalkeeper of the Year Michael Sibley. Bledsoe also helped develop the No. 1 pick in this year's MLS SuperDraft, Tyrese Spicer, and the No. 8 overall pick, Malachi Jones.

Bledsoe played at Lipscomb from 2013-16 and was a four-year starter for the Bison. He was a member of the 2014 ASUN Regular Season Championship team. Bledsoe went on to play professionally for several teams in the United States. Bledsoe played for the Michigan Stars FC and Stumptown Athletic in the National Independent Soccer League. Bledsoe also made stops in the United Soccer League with Nashville SC and Louisville City FC. Bledsoe was a member of the 2017 USL Championship Team with Louisville FC.

"I'm excited to be here. It is a great opportunity to be with Coach Pensky's staff. I look forward to working hard to continue the success of this program," Bledsoe said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT