ADVERTISEMENT

FSU and PGA Tour Q School - Need a break from the portal?

RaleighNoleToo

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
PGA Tour Q-School Finals are Dec 14-17. There are 4 former FSU players that are in the field this week.
For the first time in a decade, PGA TOUR cards will be available at the PGA TOUR Q-School presented by Korn Ferry, which will be held Dec. 14-17 at TPC Sawgrass’ Dye’s Valley Course and Sawgrass Country Club in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The top five and ties will earn an immediate promotion to golf’s highest level.

Chase Seiffert - 9:12 am Sawgrass Country Club
Cristobal del Solar - 9:33 Dye Valley
Hank Lebioda - 9:33 Sawgrass Country Club
John Pak - 10:36 Dye Valley

So how did the first round go?
First Round Results:

33 - Hank Lebioda - Even
33 - Cristobal del Solar - Even
78 - Chase Seiffert - (+2)
114 - John Pak (+4)

There is no cut this week. This is what they are playing for:
  • Top five finishers and ties at Final Stage will earn PGA TOUR cards.
  • The next 40 finishers and ties at Final Stage will earn exempt status through multiple reshuffles of the 2024 Korn Ferry Tour season, with the first 25 finishers and ties being subject to the third reshuffle (12 guaranteed starts), and any remaining finishers within the category being subject to the second reshuffle (eight guaranteed starts).
  • The next 20 finishers and ties at Final Stage will earn exempt status for the Latin America Swing of the 2024 PGA TOUR Americas season, while also earning conditional Korn Ferry Tour membership.
  • All remaining finishers at Final Stage will have conditional Korn Ferry Tour membership and conditional PGA TOUR Americas membership for the 2024 season.

So how did the first round go?
Cristobal del Solar - Even
Hank Lebioda - (+1)
Chase Seiffert (+2)
John Pak (+4)

There is no cut this week, this is what they are playing for:
  • Top five finishers and ties at Final Stage will earn PGA TOUR cards.
  • The next 40 finishers and ties at Final Stage will earn exempt status through multiple reshuffles of the 2024 Korn Ferry Tour season, with the first 25 finishers and ties being subject to the third reshuffle (12 guaranteed starts), and any remaining finishers within the category being subject to the second reshuffle (eight guaranteed starts).
  • The next 20 finishers and ties at Final Stage will earn exempt status for the Latin America Swing of the 2024 PGA TOUR Americas season, while also earning conditional Korn Ferry Tour membership.
  • All remaining finishers at Final Stage will have conditional Korn Ferry Tour membership and conditional PGA TOUR Americas membership for the 2024 season.

Preparing for a Monday finish, due to rain and difficult conditions. Several players (25) dropped out of the tournament, likely due to not being able to improve their status for the following year. One of our Seminoles fell into that group:

Par is 70.
Top 5 and ties are at -7 (PGA Tour Cards)
Top 40 is currently at -1 (Guaranteed Korn Ferry Status)

Name/PositionTotalRound 1Round 2Round 3
Chase Seiffert/T54Even726870
Hank Lebioda/T68+1717169
John Pak+4747169
Cristobal Del Solar WDWD707176

Name/PositionTotalFinal Round Where I think they will be in 2024
Chase Seiffert/ T83+4+4Korn Ferry Tour, will also have status on the PGA Tour Americas
Hank Lebioda / T96+6+5Conditional PGA Tour
Korn Ferry Tour
John Pak / T113+9+5Conditional Korn Ferry Tour
PGA Tour Americas
Cristobal Del SolarWDDNPKorn Ferry Tour

None of the guys really helped themselves this week. I think that all 4 will try and start the year on the Korn Ferry Tour. Based on the ranking/order, they may not get into too many events early in the year. If that happens, expect to see them drop down and get guaranteed starts.

The Latin America tour and the Canadian Tour have combined into the PGA Tour Americas. It will begin in Latin America and then move to North America for the remainder of the year.

Disclaimer - I am not an expert, and I cannot find a listing of a player's status for 2024. I have tried to follow along during Q-School, but the rules changed this year and the previous year's status is unclear.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I think they should start it out in Canada and then go south. Playing out of huge snow drifts I think would be very interesting to watch.

Reactions: RaleighNoleToo
I enjoy watching golfers suffer, a little bit, but Canada in January is nasty. At least this gives players that start on the new PGA Tour Americas a chance to start before May. The PGA Tour Canada schedule in 2023 was June-September.

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT